BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Saturday, August 07, 2010

Day 5- Your Definition of Love

This one is easy for me.


My def of love is Andrew.



From the time I became cognizant of wanting to find and marry the love of my life, Andrew has been there. I used to treat every guy I dated like he was "The One" (t.o.). I used to think being T.O. meant me being supportive and seeing past B.S. I thought since I liked him and he liked me, we were working thru rough patches and I was just supposed to be patient. All the while, Drew was being my dream guy.


To me, love is respecting one another. There can't be one-way love situations. You love what the person does, stands for, and says. Conversation or thoughts aren't dominated by one side cause there is a level of respect for what the other says.

Love is admiring one another. You wake up in the morning to a smooched face slobberer and it makes you smile. You get ready for a night out and you are still amazed at how good your love looks. But don't forget a donation of 10,000 pencils to an impoverished school in Africa has been made in your name calls for admiration, too. Or together, you buy enough nets for a village to ward off malaria. Admiration of looks, no matter how scary or gorgeous and admiration of actions.

Love is also sacrifice. It can be something as small as skipping a paid rehearsal to spend time with your love. Or big like doing something you just don't want to do, like move back home. Love is also letting your love follow their dreams, even if it means being apart.

Love makes you do some things. But one thing I've learned from all my dealings and then being with Drew, love isn't supposed to hurt. Love feels good. Love feels like what you've been waiting your whole life for. Yeah, there are ups and downs but like that corny behind Luther song, "I rather have bad times with you, than good times with someone else"


And you know I have a couple songs to go with LOVE.

How I Know- R Hargrove
I Got You- T Lockhart (just listen to the song, it's the only I could find)
Lady in My Life- M.J.Jackson
Life is Better- Tip feat N. Jones
Groovy Kind of Love- P.Collins (remake)

1 returned the favor:

Gorgeous_Puddin said...

Great Post!! Sounds like you are truly loved!
That song on the tutorial was NICE!! I liked the mix. You gave me something else for my normally "negro ears" from I think I Love my Wife.
I love make-up tutorials!!!! and the girl in the vid could be my sister! I swear she looks so much like me it was freaky. I need to find her to see if we have the same dad. LOL!