BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, November 03, 2008

superface

THURSDAY
I get off of work around 4pm. I'm thinking, "I've packed my bags so we can get on the road asap"

nope. Bro doesn't get to the house till 530 and after all the talking and reassuring (pops is such a worrier although he tries to be the cool one) we FINALLY leaving around 6pm.

*face*

We get to tally around midnight as expected b/c of the time we left, chat it up with Kitty and I hit the sack. Bro drives the car to his fiance's house which is out in the northern part of bumbafcuk, just past 'the hell we at?' population 215.

FRIDAY
I'm soooooooo looking forward to homecoming convocation!! we get up, bro comes over for breakfast, and we're off. I'm looking cute in a cream boat neck top with dark denim bottoms tucked into some flat brown boots. luckily, kitty lives in the neighborhood by school so walking to the gym where convocation is is no problem. we're walking on campus and thinking, "its awfully quiet for homecoming friday... maybe EVERYBODY is in the gym"

yeah, no. the gym is DECKED OUT for the president's inaguration reception following convo. we ask someone in the gym, "where is convocation at?" he tells us, "Lee Hall" (the eqiv of ogden for my REAL HU people). Ok, no worries. another walk across campus and up some stairs and down some hills... we've done this before...

about that Lee Hall?

yeah, no. Doors locked, parking lot empty, tumbleweeds rolling...

*face*

We ask ANOTHER person, "where is convocation this year?" and she tells us, "its streaming live from the Civic Center" (see: colliseum)

Kitty & I did one of those quick, "civic cen-? oh hell naw" That means cars and parking and traffic??... hell naw on that one. we walk back to her house and watch harlem nights. fall asleep on the couch and wait for another friend of ours to come in from daytona.

Trissy comes in, we wake up and go to Yardfest. The dope boy music is in full effect. Not really my scene cause its a whole bunch of baby goons and I'm actually looking for alumni I haven't seen since graduation.

I saw 1. and he's not even my favorite person.

I did see my ZPhi friends of mine but again, they weren't the ones I was coolest with. I asked about their LS friends of mine and none of them made it.

*face*

I didn't see ANY of my favorite people :-( But while on the subject of goons, I saw my sister!! YAY! She was showing too much skin under the pretense of it being "hot" and it took me back to those HU days when we'd have a 73 degree reprieve and I'd bust out the shorts and if it was HOT! Oh, south florida girls slay me. we took a pic

and I kept it moving.
Tris and Kitty had to do some stuff in the bandroom and we went over there, caught up with some drum major homies and then walked back to the practice field where the hundred was playing.

hung out there for a while and went back to kitty's. her family was coming in from west palm and we wanted to be home.

they get here, we catch up, we eat hamburgers cause her pops brought his giant grill and before you know it, its time for night practice. that's when EVERYBODY comes to the field and watches what's going to happen the next day.
Old heads take an instrument from a freshman and show them how to play stand music, sectionals take place, pics are snapped...

its over and we're back at kitty's; calling people up to see what they are getting into. afterall, its halloween and we know there must be SOMETHING going on!

or not.

i'm in bed by 11. on halloween, homecoming friday.

*face*

SATURDAY
Its game day! But before that, one of my fave fierce guy friends (read how you want to) is having a brunch and the mimosas are flowing. If you remember, Bro drove the car to the other side of east madagascar (affectionately known as 'the country'). I have NO way of getting there. I text my sadness and we plan on getting together after the game. After that, Kitty, fam and I start to get ready for the game. I'm crunk cause i'm wearing a long sleeve black tee with my fave jeans, patent leather mary jane flats and a green scarf in my hair. my spring jacket is the prettiest shade of peach so i feel school spirited without compromising style. i mean, a hanes tee shirt is only so fly (sarcasm). i cop these gangsta mirror aviators from a vendor and i'm done!

we're about to walk in when they tell us that students need to go to a gate opposite of where we are... *eye roll* fine. it just so happens that as we're walking, i see my fave professor!!! OMG!!! I start screeeeeeeeeeeeaming cause I LOOOOOOOOOOOOVE her!!!!! hugs and kisses and pictures and talking about campaigning and on and on... then I realize kitty is standing there and we have to get going!! the best seats (by the band) will be taken by the time I finish chatting it up! we go, I use mini me's ID and its all good.

We find some good seats close to the section the band is sitting in. Then I see the cheerleaders and go down to get pics of MM. Snap, snap. and I come back to my seat. The crowd goes, "ooooh! someone fell!" Kitty says, "i think SK3 fell" and my heart drops.

"no, that wasn't.... where is she?"

I see the coach and asst, and captains surrounding someone on the ground and I'm looking for my big head sister and her barbie weave... I don't see her! "Ok, where is she? Lord, please don't let that be her!" Kitty says, "Stace, whoever she is isn't getting up and I don't see Steph" I run back down the stands and look. Its my little sister. I toss my camera and shades into someone's hands and hop the bar. I'm kneeling by my crying sister who is complaining about her neck and I ask, "what happened?" the coach says, "she was in a stunt and she fell. she landed on her neck and shoulder"

OMG, please no! I'm shaking and asking MM if she can move anything but the paramedics are strapping her neck and body to a board. she's taken off the field before the pregame show even begins.


we're at the actual ambulance now when Bro joins us on the verge of tears. he wants to know what happened and who her base was; who dropped his baby sister. i know from phone calls every week that her base was the mediocre group.

MM doesn't want to go to the hospital but her neck and back are hurting and we want her to get an x-ray. They take her and she needs a CT scan as well. As you can imagine, the ER on homecoming weekend was NOT the place to be. hella drunks. people all in the hallway on the verge of alc. poisoning.

it takes FOR.EV.ER.

We spent the whole day there.

She has a neck sprain and gets prescribed some rx strength ibuprofen.

The only games we watched was what was on TV.

PWI schools at that.

*face*

Now of course, the game is over so EVERYBODY is on the road. traffic is a BITCH cause like I mentioned earlier, Kitty lives walking distance to campus.

*face*

I was tired from being at the ER all day. I call people to find out what's going on and whatnot, people are paying upwards of $75 to get into the club. yeah no. any other weekend that place is $free.99 so you know I wasn't trying to see that.

I kinda wish I did. It would've been better than what I did...

NOTHING.

Saturday night, I did nothing. Wait, I'm lying.











I ate. I wrapped my hair. I went to bed. 1037pm.

SUNDAY
We go to the vendors and I cop some BOMB obama shirts!! then it's time for church, I go and come back, pack, grab Bro from a homie and we're out.

That was my weekend.



to add insult, FAMU lost.

1 returned the favor:

Jameil said...

that SUCKS!!! (except fam losing). it's been quite a year for MM. good gracious!! i'ma need things to stop swinging so wildly. can we go for even instead of super happy to super sad/crazy?