BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Thursday, July 10, 2008

the Purge

We already know that my lil sis is off to college. The baby got an A on her 1st quiz and I was toooooooooo excited for her!! I was like, "THE BABY GOT HER 1ST 'A' IN COLLEGE!! AWWWW, LAWD! ITS GOING BY TOO FAST!!!!"

she called me "extra and dramatic."

*batting eyelashes* Who me?


BTW: 8 years ago, when I was a college freshman (damn), I was dubbed 'Miss Drama' and not cause I was from Florida.

I do have pics of the exodus to north florida





Wait. Why am I here? I didn't tell you?? I've been elected dog-sitter emeritus! This time, mom told me where some of my old sneakers and socks are "just in case [I] want to take them for a walk".

face

So I'm here dog/house sitting for the parents who, on a whim, decide to take a vacay! OMG, who does that!?!? I guess when you have NO children in the house, no one to be responsible for, you can just up and go with your heart's desires. My roomie's parents decided to take a whale watching cruise in Canada. She called them on their cell and they just dropped it on her like that! Word? Is that how parents get down when the kids are away?! SIGN ME UP!

I'm in the room that was once mine... then around 8 years old, it became an "our" room... then it became a "her" room and now its a "storage" room; as is my brother's. Mom has cleaned this room and made beds and arranged shoes and folded clothes... its amazing. My pop took stanley's room and made it into his domain with music in all forms all over the place. Cassettes, CDs, ipods, DVDs, and a PC to store it all on. My parents are wilin'.

In the purge of our rooms, I am literally looking at 10 pairs of shoes I haven't seen in YEARS! one of them *tear* is I think, my 1st pair of Steve Maddens. I still see the white-out my dad used to write my name with on the sole. I wore them on the 1st day of school at Hampton!!! AWWWWWWWWWWWW!!! OMG, I was so embarrassed at how the 'rents tagged EVERYTHING with either a sharpie or a white-out pen!!!

There are also (I think) my 1st two pairs of pointy toe shoes (same shoe, different color patent leather. act like you know me a little bit),
one of MANY peanut-butter colored shoes I own (I LOVE that color shoe),
some silver wedges from when metallic was doing the damn thing,
some brocade pumps (wow Steve),
some round toe Steves (ewww. hate round toe. the price must've been too good),
my FAVE pair of purple shoes (I have 3. oh yeah, i also have that shoe in 'chocolate' and 'money green')
some Nine W shoes mom got me for my internship. Yeah, we knew I couldn't wear flip flops everyday.
wow. there are 3 pairs of boots (bone, peanut-butter, black) for those cold days in Tally and
some tie-up black heels.


*GASP* I JUST FOUND MY BLACK PATENT LEATHER FLIP FLOPS!!

I know that means nothing to you all, cause you know I have flip flops for days but, I had to settle for a cheap pair of flips b/c i lost this very dear pair. NO MORE CHEAP SHOES!! YAAAAAAAAAY!!!

okay, now i'm off to watch a L&O marathon :-)

4 returned the favor:

Rashan Jamal said...

I found a bunch of stuff at my grandma's house a few years ago. I got my book(s) of rhymes and my old college papers and stuff. My old Africa medallions and ankhs. I'm so old. LOL

Jameil said...

you and the shoes!! "just in case [I] want to take them for a walk". dead!! GG his HILARIOUS!!! HILARIOUS I SAY!!

magnoliapeach said...

Once I moved out, I told my mom to chuck anything she didn't want or couldn't fit!! That just meant I could buy more stuff!!!

magnoliapeach said...

Oh, and congrats on no more cheap shoes! LOL