BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Friday, July 11, 2008

the 4th (day) *edited for pics*

Ash and I wake up sometime around 730am. We just can't sleep in! No matter how long or strenuous the previous day was, we still get up early!! we start rummaging around in the kitchen to start on out fruit basket and soon every one else is awake. Bea and Bran get to cooking breakfast (biscuits, eggs, bacon) while Court attempts to ball some melon. Yeah. The cantaloupe was looking more like peach slivers... let me do it. AWWW YEAH!! Ya girl is handy with the tool! One cantaloupe, honey dew, a bunch of green and red grapes, and a diced pineapple later, brekky is ready. We eat and get back to the fruit. Ash has traced a line and cut out the necc. parts. now its time for me to get to ballin the melon.

But wait, Ash isn't finished. We must have a decorative basket, complete with jagged edges.

That thing came out so fierce!! I can't wait to make my own and show off my skillz! THANKS ASH FOR MAKING ME WATCH THE TUTORIAL!!!


So while we're eating and prepping, Jo, Court's beau and Jo's pops are grilling the meat. Ribs and chicken have been leaving the kitchen and coming back o so sweet! Pans and pans of meat! But this was only the hard stuff! There were still georgia boy sausage and hamburgers to throw down on when guest start arriving around 1pm. Around 1pm, the 1st people show up. White people, of course. We didn't start seeing our folk till 2pm; that's when we went to get ready. Other Ash, Bea, and I had our teal/turquoise on and were reds-ta-go! Our Ash had on a polo where the horse was teal... *side eye*

Everyone who matters is at the bbq. Prayers are said and we get to grubbin. OMG,
the ribs.
the sausage.
the coleslaw.
the mac and cheese.
the potato salad.
the homemade poundcake.

there was waaaaaaay more food of course but that was what I ate.


a moment of silence for that wonderful lunch

the kids are in the bounce house, the dj is jamming and now its karaoke time. the old people get up there and do the mandatory old school jams (aretha, commodores) then we get up and do "Soldier" by DC. It was horrible!! NO ONE KNEW THE WORDS!! ABOUT 10 CHICKS ON TWO MICS, LIP SYNCING HORRIBLY!


but we looked good.


The day is pretty much chill; Bea got up and did Whitney, I got up and did Kool an.d the Gang, but the real funny part is this.

If you've ever been to a karaoke night, you know that its usually fun and games but there is this ONE person who sings for real, like she wants to get discovered. There was one here. She attempted to do Tam.ia's "Stranger /in My House". She said her mic wasn't working and she wasn't singing. I was singing from the tent, trying to help her find the words. When the struggling got to be too much for me, I said, "let me sing it!" Egged on by bitches to my left and right, I ran up to the stand and took the mic! I belted out Matia as if my life depended on it!!

Pop quiz!
Tell me where we
first kissed!
Tell me where my
spot is...

But wait, I bet you didn't know it was a duet. Ole girl comes back with ANOTHER MIC!! She walked back up with a WIRELESS!!! SHE STARTED SINGING ON TOP OF ME!!! If you know someone who was there, please ask about my facial expression! OMG, I was DEAD! D-E-D, dead! It kinda worked out cause I'm an alto borderline tenor (i got a deep voice!!) and she was a soprano...
she still got the KILLER FACE!


People start leaving slowly; we (Ash and I) go back inside to hit the showers before the masses and get a nap in. CC joins us inside, we all get clean and hit the sack. But what kind of 4th would it be without fireworks?

Jo starts them up in the backyard, right next to the bedroom window. I can't sleep, get up, and go watch. Then somehow, I ended up in the bounce house... I must've sleepwalked(? sleptwalk? sleptwalked?) over there.. I just don't know!


kidding. that thing is mad fun. and a serious workout so I stop. Plus I just showered and wrapped my hair. Now I really go inside and pass out on the couch. The rest of the weekend coming soon!

9 returned the favor:

Jazzy said...

Please tell me you have video of the Tamia wannabe. LOL...I haaaaaaaaaate when REAL (but not really real) singers wanna show off on karaoke! So not funny.

lmao @ ten chicks on the mic and no one knew the words!!!

Jameil said...

not workin out in the bounce house! dead @ working so hard on tamia! hilarity! did you say "Everyone who matters is at the bbq." face.

Adei von K said...

OD- I didn't even think to take vid, i was focused on the song! THAT IS MY SONG!
Us doing DC was embarrassing!

jam- girl! have you been in a bounce house recently?! that thing is SERIOUS!

in regards to "everyone who matters", we were waiting on his fam. cook out started at 1... they show up around 330, 4??? yeeeeaah. but we couldn't start w/o them.

All-Mi-T [Thought Crime] Rawdawgbuffalo said...

i cant get over the mentioning of the meat and starches and yumm
guess thats how country i am
have a great weekend

Rashan Jamal said...

How many people were there? That was a lot of food. I hate when I got to functions and there's no variety.

Good times on the Karoake. I never get up and sing unless Im drunk. And then when i'm drunk, I dont feel like getting up.

the joy said...

Ooh I'm hungry now. can I get a plate? I love that pic of you in the bounce house. So care free!

Jameil said...

That cake!! i can't stop thinking abt it! its one of the most gorgeous things ever!

Southerner in Suomi said...

I don't think we had this much food, but definitely enough for the to jack and take some home. Lol.

Desy said...

officiall tired and hungry from the bounce house and the food pics... i'm gonna have to come back and read in depth later....