BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Wednesday, July 09, 2008

Thursday, 7/3

I go to the hairdresser with hopes of getting a curly mop that rivals SJP on SATC.

Yeah. no.

Why is it that hairdressers LOVE to do what THEY want to do to your hair?!?!
I really shouldn't complain cause she conditioned the mess out of my hair. It was so soft and silky! And shiny! Just the way I like it! Too bad I was looking more old lady than sexy lady.

I come home, pack and hit the road. I'm thinking its going to be a quick like ride up 95.

NO.

The sky opens for much of my ride to GA and had me driving less than 80mph. Not my steelo. what was supposed to take 4.45 hours took 6 hours. The whole time, I was thinking, "I might as well have been going to Tally!" But aside from being forced to drive the speed limit, the hostess wasn't answering her phone.

Calm down. You'll get there.

I reach JAX and still no answer. I call Jameil to check my e-mail and get her addy for me. If you know me, I never remember to write down addresses or directions. I am the one to get to the airport and hope I hop on the right plane b/c I didn't check my travel itinerary before leaving the house. I have walked thru PBI saying, "Okay, I need to find the flight to Philly... delta? US Air? Southwest?"

yeah.

Jam checks e-mail and I have not only deleted itbut, but cleaned out my trash as well. Great. Well, hop on the good spacebook and send Bran a message, "Stace is in JAX, she needs directions". I get a phone call some 5 mins later and finally, all my fears are gone. I get to her beau's lovely house sitting on 1/2 an acre of land. I drive up the long driveway to see Bran waiting for me!!! YAAAAAAAY! I'M HERE!

"I'm going to be honest, I really didn't think you were coming"
That is my steelo :-( I was supposed to be at countless homecomings and only made it to one :-(

So its me, Ash, Bran + beau, and her cousin Court. 


(OMG, its Stacie! and Ashli! and Courtni! and Brandi!) 

We go to this BOMB seafood restaurant with horrible service. how can it be bomb and horrible at the same time? well, if you sit on the outside, the servers cater to you more. we sat on the inside. Bran and Jo (her beau)'s food didn't come out till some 30min after ours did. Not a good look seeing how she had to leave for JAX to pick 3 other friends up from the airport. I had a bomb scallop dish that was quarter lb of scallops, coleslaw, french fries, and hush puppies. oh yeah, Jo got the 1st round of drinks. we share a love for pineapple and vodka :-) too bad mine was more pineapple... Jo complained and got a stronger drink for us :-)

We come back to the house with Jo and start prepping food. Court and I cleaned 40 (FORTY) POUNDS OF CHICKEN!!!!! FOR-TEE! wait, I forgot to throw in the 5lbs of wings that just needed rinsing... Ash and Jo made some bomb marinade and threw down on 40lbs of ribs.

By this time, its 1am and the others are coming in with Bran. Hugs and kisses all over, showers for those of us who cleaned and we it the sack.

This was all Thursday.  I will be back with more!

7 returned the favor:

the joy said...

Aw, ashli! Just when I was feeling a blogger connection to her with the whole CV-CT thing, she stops? Wah. Anywho, my ?to you is this- did you bring rubber gloves to the wick or did you buy some?

Adei von K said...

awwwww! you know me so well!!

girl, i almost died cleaning all them leg quarters. I asked Jo if he had any (nope) and if he'll go to the store to get some. stores were closed by the time we got to cleaning (1230, 1ish) so you know I was NOT amused with all that chicken fat and skin. and you know I had to wipe the area down with lysol; furthering the destruction of my hands!!! I wanted to throw up.

Jazzy said...

smh @ your hairdresser...hopefully you gave her hell for the old lady look.

lmao @ how you travel...and somehow in the end it all works out.

omg @ cleaning that much chicken!!!

So...Wise...Sista said...

You had me at "pineapple and vodka" ...but then promptly lost me at "40 LBS." :/

Jameil said...

TOO MUCH CHICKEN!!!!!!! sexy old lady? LOLOLOL. MORE DETAILS!! ignore my green eyes.

All-Mi-T [Thought Crime] Rawdawgbuffalo said...

looks nice
and what does conditioned the mess out mean
is that good

Adei von K said...

Odiva- i didn't give her the face cause I just knew I could wrap it and the curls would die down.

they didn't.

wise- right? those 40lbs were my contribution to the weekend.

jam- sexy old lady?
*face*

i'm coming with more!!!

torr- lol, [verb]ing the mess/isht out of anything is ALWAYS good! unless someone beat the ish outof you... that's not good.