BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, March 18, 2008

side eye

i 1st peeped it on B.adGirlsClu.b. tanisha's crazy ass loves to give it. i personally call it "face" but my 'face is different in that i don't look side-ways. just dead on with the squint. oh yeah, i say 'face'.

so, i've been giving the face/side eye to ladies at my school lately. why? several older black women feel its their place to tell me about my look.

1- your hair looks so good! it looks like a wig. can I touch it?
I'm used to that question; no matter the length so its not a problem. Here's where she stepped out of bounds
Nice, nice. Now about your skin. What are you doing with that?

FACE


2- right before i relaxed my hair, i was flat twisting it over the weekend and wearing it crimped thru the week. one monday afternoon, OBW came up to me and said, "i don't think i like your hair like that"

I don't think i asked for one and two, i KNOW i don't like your SCALP like that...coming over here with the scraggly hair... shoot. For that, you get the FACE


2- same OBW saw me the monday AFTER my transformation and said, "i see church was good to you! you look so good!"

really? so because i received the body and blood of my Lord Jesus Christ, I got a relaxer and look good? bet that and a.... FACE.


3- saaaaaaaaame OBW LOVES to NOW tell me, "i love your outfit! you've been shopping haven't you?"
FAAAAAAAAAAAAAACE!!
ummmm, no. i've had this outfit since December and I DEF got the pants over the summer. I've had this outfit (wrap shirt and pants you can't see) since before her graduation (dec).

Today, I got on her when she told me I'm too cute today (with the old outfit on). i said, "See, don't do me like that. I've had this outfit and worn it several times since I got to BF Elem. Just come out a say you like my hair, I look much better with straight hair, I'm not so cute with natural hair." She starts giggling.

I'm sorry, did I make a joke?

Another OBW tells me, "I like it when you dress like that"


For the love of Christ!!! Do you know how many editor pants I have??? I basically wear the same thing EVERY.SINGLE.DAY!!! editor pants, short sleeve wrap shirt, and then I flip the script with some bomb shoes!! This is my M-W look! Th & F, I bust out a solid colored For.ever 21 tee (Jameil, remember when we ransacked the table for every color?) and some jeans!! Flip-flops, wedges, flats or sneakers depending on my mood! Sheesh!


a snippet of my Express wardrobe. pants, button down shirts, and jersey dresses not included.

long sleeve white, long sleeve black wrap; sleeveless red wrap; magenta, purple & white, turquoise & silver short sleeve wrap; yellow, eyelet, white eyelet jacket, black city shorts, black with white points city shorts; leopard button down dress, magenta button down dress... do you see a trend? i have the same thing in AT least TWO colors!

I'm bout tired of these Old Black Women coming up to me with the comments. Only ONE of them has said, "your hair looks so healthy! I like it like this. I did like the natural and thought it was so you, but you are working the relaxed too"


Awwwww! Thanks! That's what I'm talking about!!

10 returned the favor:

Jazzy said...

I give my co-workers the *side-eye* ALL day long. Somehow it makes me feel better! LOL!

Your OBW is soooooooooo hating on you. She's on you so closely it's kinda lezzy-like...watch her!

People told me the same about my hair once I relaxed it. Since I work with 98% white folk, I kind of expected it.

Jazzy said...

PS...I luv the BGC. Tanisha is my BK homie. We could never be friends but she is soooooooo entertaining! LOL

the joy said...

girl, one time i had a fly press and curl and this lady said to me, "some people look good like that but you dont." now, this woman is working these played out finger waves every time i see her, but apparently she got into a bad accident a few years back that left her with alopecia and loss of the part of her mind that keeps her from being a bitch. there was no excuse for her jealousy tho, cuz joy was fly!!!

as for your haters, when they were your age they were so plain. they hate that you are yff, and they cant have that.

the joy said...

ps: pop off!!!!!

Tasha said...

Side-eye needs to become my middle name. Or La Bella SideEye or some mess like that LOL!

At least you have OBWs talking to you who know what a relaxer is. I have the NAOWL (nosy azz old white lady) crew asking me if my hair was tense before I relaxed it. WTF and a 'face' for good measure.

Jameil said...

ugh. she can kick rocks. put her on the playground w/the kids. batch.

Rashan Jamal said...

I asked Diva this the other day at work... What is the male equivalant to the side eye? I couldnt come up with anything but the gas face. LOL

People and their opinions...why can't they just talk about you behind your back like everyone else.

Jazzy said...

RJ...it's probably that "Dre" look you did in one of your picture posts when the yellow hoodie made it's first on blog appearance! LOL!

shani-o said...

LOL! Where do these OBW come from? I haven't experienced any of that foolishness, and I'm in a chapter where 1/2 the members are at least 50...

Maybe you give off 'I dare you to criticize me' vibes?

CHALLLAHNGE!

Adei von K said...

Diva- and you know what? the one i used to think had lezzy feelings isn't even the one saying anything! Girl, the WP are all over my hair!
I have a love/hate relationship with T. Sometimes i think she's bout it and sometimes, stupid ignorant.

Joy- !!!!!! i don't want her to come out face like that! that's some serious hate! my OBW has known me forever so she's kinda comfortable with telling me ish.
So what you're saying is she has no tact OR hair? lol
POP OFF POP OFF!

Tasha- wow. i don't even have anything to say about 'tense'
wow.

i just tell them i straighten it. they know that
*lol @ tense*

Jam- knowing her, she might say, "Stace, come over here and kick these rocks for me. when i was your age, we didn't kick rocks" lolol

Rashan- RIGHT!? The world would be happier if i didn't know you don't like my hair! now i have to talk abt you on BLOGGER!

Shani- girl, i must give off that, "ma'am, please tell me how i can be better" vibe or something!