BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Sunday, March 02, 2008

FINALLY!! + Drew is a 'passer' and a poser

It is March! I think I go thru this every month, although the last time I made a big deal about a month being too long was may 2006. whatever the case, who felt like Feb was longer than usual? Well, technically, it was but you know what I'm talking about!!

So the weekend. Sushi and rest. Pretty much it. But yesterday, Drew and I went to Merr.ick Park in Coral Gables to scope out the next spot they'll be playing. This coming Sat., Ma.Won will be outdoors from 2-6. Can I tell you about Mer.rick Park? Why is it one of the most beautiful places in the world? No lie, it has confirmed my want and NEED to live the glamourous and rich lifestyle of the people of Miami. So imagine this GINORMOUS outdoor park/eatery/shopping mall. Jameil, Toni, think City Place on cocaine and champagne diet. This is the type of place where the toddlers run around in onesies more expensive than my entire outfit, women get their underwear from la perla, their "workout" gear from Juicy Couture, their everyday, "run errands and take Jose Luis to soccer practice" dresses from Diane v.on Furstenburg. Betsey Johnson is where the tweens get their middle school prom dresses and the "mini-van" is an BMW truck. The department store, the 'un boutique' store here is Nordstroms. The Roberto Cavalli boutique looks like a polished steel tunnel and the DVF boutique had all of 5 dresses in it. The only place i felt comfortable walking into with my roxy PLAID bermuda shorts was Border.s bookstore.

Why...

*deep breath*

why did Lena and I see a woman frolicking in the BEAAAAUTIFUL lawn area with her two sons? it was the cutest most glamourous sight EVER!!! She in a one sleeve pucci print, silk blouse that was billowing perfectly with her dynastic (dynamite + fantastic) hair, black slacks that fit lovingly but never tight and some Fendi backless sandals with a chrome stilleto heel?

Yes, I was that close.
Yes, she is my hero.

and her sons "just" had on Polo chambray shirts, khaki linen pants and some italian sandals.

*

the promoter came out and talked to Drew, lena and Ralph for a bit. He told them that this was an awesome spot to get some fans that wouldn't otherwise hear them and he told us, "I'm sure you could sell some CDs out here, this is a high-end latino community, kinda like Drew here."

Scrrrr *record scratching*

We all start laughing and promoter is confused. "What? I can tell. Look at him with his track jacket on, trying to look casual, this is high end latino in my face! Stace, why are you laughing so hard?"

Lena interjects, "She thought she was getting a light-skinned African but you spilled the beans on that one!!"

LOLOLOL and Drew just stood there, passing.

*laughing hysterically RIGHT NOW!*

No matter where we go, someone speaks to him in their native tongue. I asked him to speak some Hebrew and he doesn't remember any. See, if you went to Temple like a good little jew...

Speaking of Jew, I was singing little songs from sunday school right? Like, "Jesus Loves Me", etc. I asked Drew to sing a Hebrew song from his Hebrew school days. Of course, he doesn't remember any but tells me they don't have little "ditties" like we do. When they sing, its during service. well sing me a service song!! "I can't. They are prayers for service"

Fine. Stingy. Keep your lil minor key songs.


But why did he put in a Joshu.a nelson dvd for me to watch?



Not a fan.

Love y'all!

oh, here's a pic from school :-)

5 returned the favor:

Jameil said...

You know he's lying right? he remembers. i need coral gables right.... now.

GreatWhyte said...

Sounds like my dream... you had me at Diane von Furstenburg.

Veronica Marché said...

So Drew is one of those people that we can tag as "ambiguously ethnic"... what fun. :-)

the joy said...

Lol drew is a high end Latino. That will win him points, being ambiguous, and not in that weird way like that dude from black eyed peas.

Also, tell drew to sing you some "hava nagila" or "baruch adonai" and stop being antisocial! Does that count as music for you?

Adei von K said...

Jameil- yes girl. i know he's full of it. its like, "so... you're telling me that your musician ass doesn't remember any songs of your faith? bet."

x- i am determined on owning something by her by the end of this year.

duck- WHERE YOU BEEN?!
but yeah, he is sooooooo ambiguous! 2 weeks ago, he was Turkish!

joy- girl, it was sooooo funny! i think it does win him points cause he firmly believes the world does not like Jews.
OH YEAH! He can spit Hava Nagila right quick! i know he knows that! bastard...