BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, March 22, 2010

Randoms

One of my children wrote down what his homie told him about a girl in my class. "Jermaine said you are sexse."


1. What do you know about "sexse"? How old are you that you used that word for a classmate???

2. Should I've reminded him about the trailing 'y' and how it sounds like 'ee'? i.e. "sunnY", "cloudY", "StaceY"?

3. I wonder how I should've responded... I don't talk sex with 5 y.o.


*


Real talk, I thought I was going to get a ring this weekend. Drew made a big deal out of going to UM this weekend and got a hotel room at the most magnificent hotel I've ever been in, The Mayfair (waaaaaaaaaay prettier in person!)... for apparently no reason. But here's the kicker, when we checked out and got back to his place, he held my hand and said, "I'm looking for a stone for your ring."

*blink blink*


*


Tima is starting to grow on me. Bump that, she has grown on me. I was sooooooooooooo ready to give her back! But guess who REALLY likes her?? Mom Dukes! Little does she know, she's getting her!


*


I talk a big game about growing my hair but I reeeeeeallly like it "short". I'm starting to think the longest I'll grow it is chin-length. A graduated bob with the gentlest layers in the back sounds too chic! I can do the sleek look, I can do the roller wrap wavy look... I'm a fan!

Speaking of hair, my sister cut hers off. She really needed to. Her nape has not grown since her Sweet 16 when she first glued tracks to it. yeah. And if you know Mini Me, she STAYS with some weave in her hair; it never got a chance for fresh hair or a chance to rest. We shall see how long this will last.


*


It hit me that if I still lived with my parents, I would be more than able to afford a new car. Like, an actual new car. I'd never buy a brand new car but if I wanted to, I could've. My rent alone takes two car payments. Then there's my ortho bill, cell phone, car insurance, and utilities. I need a two income household.


*


Drew and I spent most of the weekend in Dade County. I so want to live there. While driving to UM, we looked at the pretty mediterranean houses and admired every last one. Then while on the topic, I asked if he wanted to own a house. He said yeah, so I asked why. He couldn't think of a reason. Then he was like, "Why DO we have to own a house? It's a nice idea but whose nice idea was it that it has to be ours?" My thoughts exactly. But, I do want a yard for children to play in wiffle ball in. And a driveway to put up a basketball goal. And the idea of renting a house sounds weird. Maybe when our first born turns 5, we'll buy a house. At the rate we're going, I'll holla at a mortgage at 40.


*


I watched '16 & Preg.nant' for the first time this weekend. Wow. Wow.

4 returned the favor:

Jameil said...

i think that would've been a talk about 'what do you think that means?' like when i was 11 or something and singing some song about being horny & a camp counselor was like yeah those aren't nice things to sing about.

what do you say when someone looks you in your eye, on one knee, holding your hand, tearing up and says, "I'm looking for a stone for your ring"? I know you blinked... but what do you say?

i'm excited to meet tima! make sure you get all her issues out before i get there. xoxo!

DaniColoredGlasses said...

Sexy @ 5??? I can't.

The ring....sigh...I can't

I can, however, say I'm sooo glad you're staying short. It is sooooo fierce on you.

Tima is way bigger than I imagined...I've never had a pet and I doubt I will so.....I can't(out of principle)

Adei von K said...

Jam- you were probably singing 'Pop that (00tc#!e' that song got all us jitterbugs in trouble!
When he told me he's looking for my stone, I blinked then said, "okaaaay..." I don't know what else I could've said, you know?
Tima is getting better everyday! But she still has a baditude. Imagine a friendlier Russell! LOLOL Tima likes new people as opposed to Mr. Kweli the Athlete!

Dani- all I could do was laugh and take a picture!! Sexse!! HAHAHAHAHA!
We're going to act like I didn't know he was looking for a stone. I hope that's what he was doing all this time! but why did you have to tell me??
Man, I saw someone at church hair past her shoulders... I miss my hair :-( But don't like McLyte or Malinda Williams walk by... I'll cut it again!
Tima is going to be a big girl. Her paws are bigger than her head (according to Lyds)!

Gorgeous_Puddin said...

Super Duper late lurker that had to say the Mayfair was FABU.Thanks for sharing!

Just laughing @ everything else

and oooooweee on the looking for the stone.