BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, March 15, 2010

Two Faces

I'm having a hard time with this situation/teacher at school. She's a brand-new teacher. Didn't even go thru a teacher program so she had NO idea what was going on. Now, she has it down pat and is doing a pretty good job. Here's my issue:


Because she's new, I told her to move into the empty classroom adjacent to mine. It made sense for her to be next to an experienced teacher her first year. Cool. She peeks her head into my classroom whenever she has a question, her class may come into mine to watch me model a lesson, etc.

What gets on my nerves is when she asks for my help, I give it to her and she goes behind my back and asks someone else. For example:

She wasn't feeling well and wanted to take last Friday off. Wednesday night, she was texting me like crazy about how to put in for a sub. I told her we'll do it together on Thursday. 630 Thursday morning, she started with the texts. Again, I told her we'll do it when we get to school. I promise you I was in the parking lot when I got 3 more texts. I ignored them. Went inside, set my things down and she peeks her head in my classroom.

"Can we do the sub thing now?"
"Didn't I say I will help you?"
"Yes."
"Well then calm down, I am here."

We go thru the steps and now it's time to pick a sub. The one she wants already has a job so I tell her not to worry, there are tons of people looking to substitute. All you need to worry about is creating the absence for yourself so someone can take the job. I give her the sub I always use and we create the job. The screen reads, "Job Creation Successful!" Yay!

Why every hour, she asks me if my sub has taken the job yet?

"How will I know if Mrs. G takes the job?"
"You don't. All you have to worry about is creating your absence. They can send in Hannibal. It has nothing to do with you. All subs have to go thru the same process so you can rest assured you'll get someone decent. You can't control which sub takes the job. You can hope Mrs. G gets it but what will you do if she doesn't? Are you going to come in a teach when you can't even talk? Stop thinking about it, you've done all you can do."

The next hour, she came in to ask if there is possibly, some way to check on the status of her job creation. I told her, "I honestly don't want to hear about it. You need to stop worrying about it. It's not that serious. You will be gone for ONE day. Guess who will be okay? Everyone but you. Chill.Out."

Come Friday, we're all standing outside for dismissal and I make a comment about how nervous she was about making an absence. Why did another teacher chime in with, "Really? Around lunch yesterday, she asked me if she can check who gets her class. I told her you can't control who gets your class."

*blink blink*

So... you didn't believe me when I told you YOU CAN'T CONTROL WHO GETS YOUR CLASS!?! Oh my gosh, you know who was worried about the wrong thing!?!?

Second example.

Her sick leave form. Luckily, our sec'y fills out the form and all we have to do is check it over, sign and back date it. She asks me before our learning team meeting starts.

"This was in my mailbox. What am I supposed to do with it?"
"Check it over, make sure the date of your absence is correct and it's under paid leave. Sign it, make a copy and give it back to the sec."

An hour later, when we're pretty much done with our meeting and just milling around, I hear her ask another teacher, "Hey, what am I supposed to do with this?"

Word??

FACE.


Today was the last straw. Come to find out, she always asks me but then goes back and asks someone else. I understand wanting a second opinion on something things but I'm not diagnosing you with cancer. It's a fcuking form. Sign it, date it. Return it. If you don't believe ANYTHING I say, please stop asking me. It's really unnerving to me that you have to double-check EVERYTHING I tell you. And you know what, it's not even like I'm telling you. You're asking me. I have no shame either. If I don't know something, I will say, "You know what? I'm not sure. Let's go ask Mrs. Hershire." Boom, no big deal. I tried to reason with myself and think, "she just wants to double check cause that's the kind of person she is". Well, that kind of person doesn't need to ask me anymore questions.

4 returned the favor:

Rashan Jamal said...

I hate people like that. I usually wind up telling them, don't ask me for ish anymore please.

Jameil said...

She struck me as someone just kind of whatever. I didn't get the best vibe. ROTFL @ I'm not diagnosing you with cancer. You don't have that ability? I WANT MY MONEY BACK!!!

DaniColoredGlasses said...

Pet Peeve!!!!!! And she would get the calmest yet stankest face known to man the next time she has a question. Ugh!

Cluizel said...

She would get "I don't know" from now on...seriously? stop it. That is sooo annoying