BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Friday, November 20, 2009

#truthis

Those of you who tweet know what the pound sign means. If it didn't drive people crazy to have stream of consciousness tweets, this is what would be on there and not here... I guess it makes for another post.


#truthis I'm very sensitive about my dual college experience. I didn't want to go to Hampton but when I got there, I didn't want to leave. Don't get me wrong, I totally enjoyed my FAMU tenure and I'm eternally grateful for the top notch education I received but to this day, I remember at a convocation, the speaker told us to look to our left and look to our right. One of the people you looked at won't be here next year. I didn't think I'd be that person who was gone and it hurts cause I just wanted to start somewhere and finish there. But I hold fast to my "foundation". Imagine the person I'd be if I went str8 to FAM?

#truthis I sometimes want to be dating a black man. My total adult dating experience has been with Drew. And as "cool" as he is, he doesn't get a lot of things. I was rattled by the comments he made when reading my Essence, him not seeing the really big picture for us in regards to our 44th president, why there is a YBF and Essence, etc... it's not his fault but he obviously comes from a totally different paradigm

#truthis even though he wasn't good for me, I still think about 'him' ALL THE TIME. I don't even love this person and liked him rarely.

#truthis I'm very afraid of change. I admire people who get up and go and do but I could never imagine myself in their position. If I could do more with my life from my house, I'd be happy. But I don't want a degree from the Univ of Phoenix Online so I need to figure out what's next in my life

#truthis to piggyback off of the previous "tweet", I wish I wasn't as apathetic as I am. I just don't care about anything enough to go for it. yeah, I talk abt a master's but I'm living w/o one right? So between not wanting to rock my boat and being mostly okay with where I am...

#truthis (you guys already know this) I really don't like the Roots. or Talib (by himself)

#truthis I really miss my church in Tallahassee and haven't really been to church since Jan 2007. yeah, I've gone here and there, went in Hollywood a couple of times but from Aug 2002- Dec 2006, I must've missed 5 services at Saint Michael's & All Angels. I think I might go back to Tally for that church.

#truthis I never had a complex about my complexion. I didn't even know people had complexes till it was forced down my throat at HU. School Daze symposiums opened my eyes to some serious issues in black america. and reading this month's essence further cements my thought that WE keep it alive. not saying ignore it but do we have to talk about it every month?

#truthis I'm not an envious/jealous person. I remember the day when I got over being jealous. It was like a light switch; I said something aloud like, "Okay, no more" and that was it. To me, what's the point of jealousy?

#truthis I miss my dog Russell EVERYDAY. and I want another dog just like him.

#truthis I like jay-zee way more than I care to admit. waaaaaaay more. his wife too.

#truthis my allergy to spermicide was not the beat. I think about that dude I read the riot act to BEFORE I knew it was an allergic rx... *Kanye shrug* It was for the best in the long run cause I shole was scared to do anything for a looooooooooooooooooooooooooooong time!! God wanted me to be a good girl even though Satan and lust had other plans, LOL

#truthis I just assed myself out on this post.

5 returned the favor:

Rashan Jamal said...

Did R Jizzy dare you to confess, because you been putting it all out there lately. LOL

#truthis: I had Fantasia singing in my head as I was reading this.

#truthis: I love Talib, I don't like MosDef and cant get into The Roots.

#truthis: you should get over the Hampton/Famu thing since you got a degree and that's what matters. (spoken by someone who didn't go to Hampton - disclaimer so Jam doesn't talk mess.)

#truthis I'm not jealous at all, probably b/c of my big (ehh ehh ehh) ego. If i don't got it, I don't need it. no need on stressing.

I really liked this post. I might have to bite it...

Jameil said...

ROTFL @ that last one! you really did! #truthis i had no idea you were sensitive about HU/FAM. you are clearly a much better person b/c of your foundation! lol. it wasn't your fault you had to leave. we hated to see you go but we're SO glad to still have you around.

#truthis we clearly need to have a conversation about "him" uhhhhhhhhh.

#truthis i haven't been to church regularly since i left pittsburgh. after trying 5 churches in as many months i got discouraged & have yet to find one i really like (though i haven't tried since about Jan.).

#truthis my competitive nature is really what propels me to do a lot of the things i do. i don't want someone less smart than me to have a master's when i always knew i wanted one.

#truthis i miss russell FOR YOU!! :( he was so sweet in his own way. he bullied his way into your heart.

#truthis i also like bey more than i want to admit.

#truthis one of my friends is allergic to latex & knows someone else allergic to latex... who found out at the dr. & that was how her mom found out she was having secks... yeah... & that's how her sister got caught too... (#truthis if you're having those kinds of issues, probably shouldn't take mom w/you)

DaniColoredGlasses said...

#truthis this post is fantastic and my apologies to you and subsequently Rashan for duplicating it.

#truthis I'm too annoyed with other things to give you the bullet point breakdown like you deserve so I'll revisit.....

#truthis did I mention that I LOVE this post?

Adei von K said...

Rah- for real!! I don't know, when I wake up butt crack of dawn, all these things come to mind!
I had Fantasia in my head too!!
I really should get over the college things but I think the deeper reason is my parents putting me places and taking me out whenever they wanted to. 3 elem, 2 middles and 2 colleges. I'm very surprised they left me at SHS, prolly cause Stan came there.

Jam- yeah, I feel like Diddy and Howard. I WENT to Hampton but did I finish? no. *hangs head* and I know it's not my fault but still.
My Russ-Russ was a bully since the day I got him! But I know he wouldn't let anyone bully those he loved, you know? So fiercely devoted! *tear*
OH NO at friend's allergy!!!! OMG, with mom in the room too!!!! OH NOOOOOOO!! NOOOOO!!!

Dani- take it and have fun telling the truth! no apologies necessary! LOL

Anitra* said...

I love it - Let it out!

And just so you know...

#truthis - when I found out that you had walked on Ogden Circle I said to myself "damn - I hope that shitty rumor isn't true - I like this girl" and I missed you dearly after you left. Actually before then because I really didn't see you much that last year.

#truthis - I'm jealous of your solid black hair. If my hair was that color I would never have to color my own - goes with your complexion perfectly

#truthis - I'm a heathen so I can't comment on the rest of your posts - LOL!

Toodles Babes!