BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Thursday, November 19, 2009

That two letter word, one of the most powerful in the world.


"Can I get your number?"

No.

"So you not gon let me hit?"

No.

"Is that a weave?"

No.

"Are you going to come up in the hundred?"

No.

"You should look into my sister sorority"

No.

"How bout a sweetheart?"

No.

"Is there gas in the car?

No.

"Going to ATL Classic?"

No.

"Are you going to class?"

No.

"Did you really take ole boy's mattress and leave the box spring in the parking lot?"

...

No.

"Do you run track?"

No.

"Bend over show the world"

Not here.

"Do you like snow?"

No.

"Wanna watch 'Love & Basketball'?"

No.

"Can you take out the trash?"

No.

"Can I borrow your license?"

No.

"Let's go upstairs and talk in private"

No.

"Wanna go running?

No.

"Did you finish the project due today?"

No.

"Let's go half on a pet snake"

No.

"Do you accept my apology?"

No.

"Let's go to a club in Quincy"

No.

"You got cash on you?"

No.

"Were those real tears?

No.

"Are you going to the Plies concert?"

No.

"Did you know he was a sociopath?"

No.

"Do you like smooth jazz?"

No.

"Would you be surprised if he was gay?"

No.

"Did you go to Howard?

hell no.

"Let's go to the gym"

No.

"Did you ever imagine yourself as a pharmacist?"

No.

"Would you marry me?"

No.

"Did you really love him?"

No.

"So you gon come over and cook?"

No.

"Can I come over and you cook?"

No.

"Are you going to cut your hair again?"

No.

(that last one tends to change)

*

That word used to come so easily. Now, when I REALLY need to say it, I get all uncomfortable.

"Can you please give me an extension on paying for the D.C. trip?"

Well, I gave a Nov 5th deadline cause I have to get the apps into the director on the 6th but I'll see what I can do."

Extension granted.

"Can I get another extension?"

Well, the 13th is really the last day. So bring the balance in on Friday"


Why are parents are still calling me about the patrol trip?? OMG. The level of stress is so not cool.

*

I went to get permission slips signed by the principal and she taught me something I've known all along.

"Hi Ms. K! How's it going?"
"Aww man, these parents are stressing me over money! I gave them a deadline and they keep on asking for extensions!"
"So tell them no."

It was as if a light bulb turned on. I need to bring my favorite undergrad word back from the grave.

5 returned the favor:

Jameil said...

I must admit... as much as I love the word no it would be hard for me to feel like I'm denying a child an experience!

ROTFL @
...

No.

LOLOL!! & booo you slore for "not here." I fell for go upstairs & talk in private once b/c i thought we were just friends & was so scandalized when he flipped the script!!!!

DaniColoredGlasses said...

Daaaammmnnn Not the "Hell No"to Howard.... :-)

Jameil said...

hahahahaha dani!! that's the one i forgot to mention! #scoreforhampton!

Rashan Jamal said...

LMAO @ not here. you ain't right for that one.

No is awesome. People don't expect to hear no. I love just saying no instead of making up an excuse.

Adei von K said...

Jam- That's what I was feeling! I want EVERY child to go! It's just with my school's population, I'll be extending till June 3 :-(

LOL and the ellipses and "No." That one had me rolling when I was thinking of all the good times I had in college!!

Girl, that "talk in private" is NOT the beat!! Freshman year, some guy I barely knew wanted to talk in private and for the 1st time in my life, the naivete was not present. I was INSTANTLY hip to the game (for once)!

Dani- what'd I do???? ;-)

Jam- #BestHU!!

Rashan- whaaaat?
Yeah, that no word wields too much power. feelings hurt, ego crushed. I don't want to be that person :-( (anymore)