BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Day Off (Cont)

I hung around and put a couple summery clothes in the ginormous suitcase I grabbed my sweaters from. Then I realized if I want to eat dinner, I should start cooking. Why so early? I had a 330p ortho appt and those take forever.


I text StanKK for the potato salad recipe and get to boiling potatoes. On another burner, I start Mrs. Smith's creamy shrimp dish. On a 3rd burner, I make some white rice. I was going to start spaghetti on the fourth burner but inadvertently put the ground turkey in the freezer. Oh well, I get to slicing and dicing green onions, celery, and dill pickle chips for my 'tato salad. I know, relish would've been easier but you know how hand shredded cheese tastes worlds better than pre-shredded in the bag? Same with relish/pickles.

Potatoes are done, time to coarsely chop them.

Damn, I forgot an egg.

Boil an egg and coarsely chop it. Now I put everything in the bowl. Sprinkle with salt, fresh cracked pepper, garlic salt, and paprika. Dollops of miracle wip and honey mustard and I get to mixing. Add more whip and mustard. More salt. More whip. deli mustard with horseradish, oh yeah! that was it! Just enough heat balanced against the sweetness of the pickles! A tbsp on pickle juice and a last mix.

AWE.SUM.

Now it's time to get ready to go. Brown tights, pink cami and a poncho that has both colors in it. big brown bag and shades and I'm out.

I got accosted taking out the trash. Coming from the dumpster, a person blows his horn at me. I keep it moving. Blows again and rolls the window down. I look around, damn, I'm the only one around.

"Hi, do you live here?"
"I don't have time to chat, I have an appt to get to"
"I LIKE YOU!"

*record scratching* Did he just literally holler at me?

"Do you even know me? Bye!"

Hop in the car and tell Drew about his homie. He's someone from some other country. American boys are NOT that aggressive!! Reminds me of some ish that happens in Ghana. Or when I'm at a reggae/creole club in broward/dade county!!! NOT THE ONE!

330p- sitting in the chair when the ortho brings out a mini circular saw.

"What are you going to do with that!??!"
"Just shave in between your teeth. I need to make space for your teeth so they won't crowd when I bring your jaw back some more"
"Is it going to hurt?!!?"
"I can't do anything that hurts. I don't have anesthesia!"
*FACE* "That hasn't stopped some people in here!"
"Calm down, I won't hurt, I promise"

who's heard that before?

It didn't hurt, but it wasn't comfortable. and looking in the mirror at my bloody gums (yeah, he got too low) plus my newly sharpened teeth was surreal. Then this fool took something like sandpaper and smoothed the edges!!!!! now THAT was uncomfortable!!! FILING MY TEETH.... MANUALLY!!!! Daaah, I wanted to cry :-( And it wasn't even over. I still had to get my new wires :-(


Stainless.Steel.

But, taking off the aluminum wires popped a bracket off. Great. This is the appt that never ends. New bracket, new wires that hurt I.MME.DI.ATE.LY. Plus a chain (connected rubberbands) across my bottom jaw to bring the teeth back. she told me, "This will probably hurt for the next 5-7 days"

:-(


I come home and can't eat anything. I drink lots of lemonade and barely chew the warm white rice. The shrimp dish smells and tastes BEYOND wonderful but I can't really enjoy it cause it hurts to chew. i really think i swallowed a whole shrimp...

I basically do nothing after my ortho appt. lollygagged and played online... talked to Drew. went to bed after washing all the dishes and wiping down the counters.

I so cannot be a housewife. How boring is that life?

3 returned the favor:

Rashan Jamal said...

I thought my family was the only black family that used the whip. Everybody always looks at me crazy when I mention that instead of mayo.

Did you just say "shave" between teeth? Even if it isn't painful, it sounds horrible.

Adei von K said...

Miracle Whip tastes so much better than mayo!!
and Yes, that man took the saw between each of my teeth and shaved out some room. I so didn't need floss until he chained them. What was really bad was the sandpaper :-(

T said...

girl I can do you one better . I went to the oral surgeon yesterday to have some wisdom teeth taken out ... fool tells me well we can do one then do the other 3 when you are knocked out. Um no - i paid for 2 and you are gonna take out 2 . Then fool tells me that I wouldn't be able to feel him taking the teeth out - girl I definitely felt that darn drill going down into my gum .

Oh and yes - miracle whip does taste better that mayonnaise . My mom uses miracle whip too