BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Day Off

This is a post that I started when I woke up and will post before I sleep tonight.


658a- yessssss, I don't have to go anywhere I don't want to today. I think I might watch Office Spayse to continue the good feeling of doing NOTHING.

730a- damn. I have to go to the post office and figure this thing out. I could drive to the main one but that's far and I don't really know how to get there.

758a- Drew's up! Let's see who else is up via Twitter. Apparently, its Q Psi Phi's 98th birthday. Just found out my American godfather is a Que via facebook... who knew? I thought he was just sigma pi

8ooa- dee dee deeeeee, nothing interesting. Ooh, new friend accepted. He was someone I thought was cute in HS; brooding, cynic, british cute.
I think I will make a wahlmart list. I cannot go in there without a plan cause I will go in there needing ribs and milk but leave with glue sticks and a camera case. Oooh, I should hit up the post office, then do publix for veggies and continue down to 45th for wally world! Yess!

829a- Yoga pants and tank top, zip-up hoodie and flip-flops, hoop earrings and bag, and I'm out!
fcuk. it would be school zone time when I leave. I can't win with school zones. damn you middle school walking distance from my place!!

Pull up, remembering how much I hate this post office.

let's see what mess I'll get into today. Are you serious? How is there a line already? Whatever. Let me get my license out...

FCUK!!! I LEFT MY WALLET AT HOME!!!!

Maybe she'll forget to ask.

Did y'all know if you don't check your mail in three days, it can be considered 'unclaimed'? that's that bull-ish if i've ever heard any! and she tried to make me feel bad for not coming to claim it at the post office!

1. I didn't know what the fluck was going on to even come into this raggedy post office
2. how come I've never heard this rule before?

And she needs a picture ID... "I have my teacher badge in the car..." Don't give me that look that I'm supposed to be at school!!! Fcuk, I'm outta here.

and now my clever plan to grocery shop in 2 steps has been de-railed cause my wallet is home. back to the school zones that, I swear, take up a square 7.8 miles...

At wallmart and what's the first thing I see? a lady in her C-i-t-i Trendz dress and a polyester (she doesn't get satin) bonnet on. Her jacket race-car driver jacket says, "Don't Hate"

If you insist.

Damn, why am I in the toiletry aisle? I don't neeeeeed shaving cream, but would really like some.

Ooh I'm thirsty. lemonade, peach punch, milk, AND berry punch.

My bones haaaave been hurting me... string cheese and yogurt

Oooh, I did want a hotdog yesterday... ball park bun size

Damn, all I need is ribs and milk. Well, I could use some garbage bags for my recycling bin... and these candles smell good but I think I will close my eyes and get some real ones from bb&b; I don't want 'angel whisper' or 'aloha', ole victoria secret ass scent names... WHAT IS A SWEET TEMPTATION?!!?

FOCUS.
RIBS and cornbread.

Where did cornbread come from? I do want some with corn in it... is that considered cornbread casserole? let me ask what to do *pull out phone and tweet*

Oooh, Mrs. Smith posted a delicious looking shrimp recipe... I'll need bacon. Oooh, while I'm cooking, I might as well make spaghetti so i'll need ground turkey. And chicken is so versatile but I don't want a whole chicken like last time... not feeling the leg quarters over here... i'll look to see what publix has. Wait! I should try the farmer's emporium for veggies! yeah, I'll go there instead! let me get out of here before I find a scarf I "neeeeed". ooh, jewelry! Is the biggest diamond at wallmart a 1/4 carat? I can buy that! Right hand ring!!! ow!

focus.

1000a- this is farmer's emporium? this is what mommy's been ranting and raving over? all they have are hella kinds of apples and lots of leafy stuff! and jewish pastries!!! Booooo, I should've gone to publix.

1007a- where am I going? I passed publix! I guess that means I'm going home. Hmmm, are this many people on the road at this time? shouldn't y'all be at work? I'm sure EVERYONE didn't follow my suit

1015a- home supposed to be putting groceries away but I decided to post about my day off so far. Its amazing how many times I've tweeted since I woke up. Too much time on my hands.

1130a- spent hour doing nothing. well, i put the groceries away and thought about the yankee candle scent I want to get from BB&B, juicy peach.
Made a publix list for the pssgetti I'm going to make, ooh! i need potatoes for my 'tato salad I've been wanting!! You know who BEASTS 'tato salad? my brother. Matter fact, let me text him and find out what he does... I bet his monkey ass won't tell me. Or he'll say, "Potatoes, paprika and love. If it doesn't come out right *insert shoulder shrug and innocent face here*"

Okay, going to BB&B. I need my place to smell like fruit. Not, nothing. and then publix. and then the cooking marathon will begin! So excited!

1200- almost finished at publix when the most ghetto of my parents walks by the condiment aisle. she's the one who drives a tricked out 300 (the hood-rich car of 2007) with the spearmint glitter paint job and 24" blades, etc. Daughter STAYED decked out in Polo and Coach... HOW ARE YOU IN KINDERGARTEN WITH MORE COACH ACCESSORIES AND SHOES THAN ME??? Anyway, I get the smirk and "why you ain't at school?"

Tend. tend to your own business.

1p -an unreasonable amt of time in BB&B. They don't make juicy peach anymore so I was deciding btwn blood orange, tangerine & vanilla, apricot sorbet, and peach mango salsa.

All that?? Meanwhile, the other scent I bought (sage & citrus) is still going strong.

I want a peach scent that I don't have to light a match for. I almost bought apricot potpourri but that brought me to godparents house in the 80's. potpourri and eucalyptus for days. I don't want that. I settled for the ridiculously expensive jar of yankee mango peach salsa. and a candle warmer so I don't have to light it. Oh, great aNOTHER parent! Don't y'all hoes work!?!? then SHE asked me, "YOu don't have work today?" "I took the day off."

my gosh. I feel like I'm back in high school and I'm skipping with fave ex!!!

140p- heading down village when the smell of beef hits me. ooh, i think I want a champbrger. I make a u-turn and head to the spot. Decisions... the short line I'd have to reach over the passenger seat for or the long line on the driver's side? I go for short.

and knock my side mirror off. It's hanging by it's veins.



TO BE CONTINUED

6 returned the favor:

Jameil said...

please don't continue this. i'ma tell my momma you had a day off and didn't come see her. why bother having a day off if you're waking up before 7? some with corn in it is what i call nasty. you are such a fake vegetarian. STRAIGHT MEAT on your list. guess i won't be getting you a vegetarian cookbook for Christmas b/c you don't need or want it.

Adei von K said...

a day off doesn't mean waking up later, it means doing whatever you want to do instead of working.

yeah, i'm not in a morningstar frozen food mood. i want something i'll need white bread to sop up, hence the ribs. next time, i'll get free-range, organic, kosher cow beef ribs.

Rashan Jamal said...

I thought you were a veggie now? LOL

This is like the beginnings of a serial killers manifesto. LOL

Jameil said...

that's a day off to you! lolol. not sop it up! free-range organic kosher vegan ribs you mean! soy ribs. mmmm. nice & uncrunchy. rotfl @ beginning of a serial killer manifesto. right!? and at the end of the day you kill people.

DaniColoredGlasses said...

Ok so I went to Checkers last night....I just need you to explain how exactly your mirror ended up hanging my a string...Did one of the slacker employees jump you? Just fill in that blank for me pls! And I've never in all of my days heard you mention this much non chicken/fish....welcome back to the world of the normal :-)

Adei von K said...

Rashan- Its almost as if I knew I wouldn't be able to eat normal food for a while, these braces are crucial. Not a serial killer!!

Jam- soy ribs sound so wrong!!
the way my day was going, it sounded like someone could've been killed!! 1st no mail, then seeing parents and being questioned, then my mirror, and finally, a jogger who looked at me sideways was accidentally hit by my car.

Dani- I was simply too close :-(