BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, November 16, 2009

Holiday

I'm pressed but not pressed about the upcoming day.


I'm not too pressed about Thanksgiving b/c growing up somewhat Ghanian, Thanksgiving isn't a holiday that was celebrated over there. Actually, it kind of is but it's obviously not the same and it's during the summer. Homowo.

Now don't get me wrong, we didn't NOT do the whole Thanksgiving thing... it was just always better when others were invited cause then we really went all out. Turkey, ham, salad, stuffing (see, I call it stuffing and not 'dressing'), green beans, sweet potatoes, cranberry sauce, etc. It wasn't till I got to FAMU and learned how to make REAL mac & cheese did that get added to the mix along with REAL mashed potatoes. Yeah.

So yeah, Thanksgiving.

Now I am pressed cause everyone else is. Everyone else has a place to be cause it's such a big deal meanwhile, my dad is in Ghana and my mom is in Boston. StanKK is doing the big day with his fiance and cause they're American, its a HUUUUUUUGE deal; ginormous spread with everyone coming from all over Florida. Even Andrew is doing the day with his landlord/friend. Butch is part Native American and takes the day VERY seriously. I don't want to do t-day down there cause they aren't my friends like that. Plus, I can't take a whole day of PWI grads on a holiday. Being Ghanian on Thanksgiving was already different enough.

I think Mini Me and I are going to do a Sister-Sistah thing. 1st Annual "Three Monkeys Don't Run No Show" Dinner. Mom, Dad, and StanKK... don't let this happen again. Cause even though we don't do Thanksgiving the way everyone else does it, it was nice pretending we do.

5 returned the favor:

Jameil said...

Poor Staceyon. I clearly would've invited you if I was going home! :( Next year wherever I am you can roll w/me!

Patti said...

I'm not pressed this year either. I think its partly because Jase has to work on Thanksgiving so we aren't going to the Smiths until Black Friday (boo). I'm going to a girlfriends house for a little bit day-of and then will be back home cooking and packing.

I've pretty much decided that I want to host a thanksgiving dinner next year. So if you find you're plan-less, you're always welcome in the A.

Cluizel said...

shit...I'll be in SC and my step mother does NOT cook well from what I remember...I may end up at the damn Golden Corral if they try to break out chitterlings and rabbit.

*smh*

wtf was I thinking...there I go being a Cancer again. lol. nevermind...

Rashan Jamal said...

You wanna come to Savannah with me and Jam? I'm sure between my moms and grandma, we can find a place for you.

Adei von K said...

Jam- it's cool, babe! Me and Steph will party like rockstars!

Patti- sounds like a plan! next year, I might be at Jameil's LOL

Clu- at least you know golden corral won't disappoint!

Rah- awwwww thanks!!! You're so sweet!! This wasn't meant to be a "woe is me, have pity on the poor African girl" post! I understand it's a day for families and close friends so I wouldn't even want to impose myself or my sister on yours!! LOL! But I do thank-you very much :-)