BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, November 24, 2009

At a Loss

I have nothing profound to say. I sometimes feel like I'll be wasting your time if I come on here with ramblings but sometimes, that's all you got!

- I am quietly excited my sister is coming home for thxgiving. We haven't talked since labor day but when I found out she was in daytona, at the SAME HOTEL we were in a couple weeks ago, we both got over it and chatted up her pageant, Miss Black FL. She made Top 5.

- my hair is not the beat. this bad ass length makes me want to cut it but I need to get over that. I miss my length. At the very least, I miss the roller wrap bob I had last year at this time

- my students are off the chain. one of them was drawing a picture of himself and used a yellow crayon. "Antwone, you are NOT yellow!" "I know, I'm milk chocolate but I'll just use brown."

*DIED*

and there's a girl in my class who my mom ADORES. my kinder reminds Mommy of me when I was 5 AND reminds her of herself when she was little. AWWWWWWWW!


-I'm teaching my students dictionary skills right now. They know better that to ask me how to spell a word. First I tell them to use their environment. If it's not ANYWHERE in my print-rich room, then I direct them to the dictionary in our classroom library. They love it! Phonetic spelling is only cute when the word is 'whale' and you forgot the 'h' ("I can arch like a wale").

- I need some new music in my life. Hook a sister up. I am DEF feeling Breezy's latest but I've gotten over getting a whole album based on one hot track. I hear that new Ri is that fire. tell me about Drizzy. and I think I will backtrack and get all of Jay's stuff. and his wife.

- wow, I just remembered, not even remembered but was alerted, (via twitter) that me and Drew have been an official couple for 2 years and 11 months today. i am so embarrassed right now cause he called me but I didn't answer cause the phone was "too far". it was in the next room :-(

- dani mentioned a day trip to NYC...there is a $160 plane ticket to LGA for dec 8... who wants to go? leave on a tuesday and come back on thursday? yes? let me know! GIRLS TRIP!! IN THE MIDDLE OF THE WEEK!!! why not? we def can't wait till we're married with children! OMG, I almost shuddered at how life changes DRASTICALLY when there's a mini you.

- I have way too many pairs of shades. I get it from my daddy. they are such an awesome accessory! now if only my hair will be my awesome accessory...

- I'm obsessed with jeans again. before I went off to college, I realized it gets cold where I was going and so I bought a whole bunch of jeans. back in those days, they were odd numbered. LOL. Anyway, have bought SEVEN pairs of jeans in the past 6 weeks. and one pair looks denim but they are more like dark chambray.

- is there a certain shirt that's hot? the last time I really bought shirts was when I wrecked shop in forever twentee one in Pittsburgh. oh, and the box sale at xpress 3 years ago. and I barely wear any of those shirts cause I don't want to look like a "24 y.o. who just graduated from college and got her a little money", you know? I'd really like some cashmere mini pocket tees from xpress... do they still make those? a much better look for the same comfort as a tee shirt!

- and speaking of same comfort, Jameil said something that has stuck with me. I think we were watching what not to wear together when she asked, "Why dress raggedy? It takes the SAME energy to put on homely sweatpants and an ugly tee!"

So deep. Yo, when it rains, ninjas get wet.

OH! Another one of my kinder gems!!

"If you only have one leg, you have to hop"

LMAO!! I LOVE THEM!!

on that note, i'm out.

2 returned the favor:

Jameil said...

it actually takes me more energy to dress ugly because i sit there and think of all the possible people i could run into to my embarrassment. i have no musical help for you. (typical i know! lol) i have an assignment due on the 9th so no NYC for me. :( you guys are terrible!! HATERS THE LOT OF YOU!! i seem to buy shirts more than pants b/c pants are so hard to fit.

DaniColoredGlasses said...

your free association posts are the best because it follows the same pattern of a phone conversation....since neither one of us actually answer the phone it's the best of both worlds :-)

Hmm I have that week off...now the real question is hotel cost and will there be enough in the bank....(hmm)