BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, August 18, 2008

*smile*

So you know I'm a teacher and I've been out of school since June 5th...

WHY AM I TOO GLAD THAT SCHOOL HAS BEEN CANCELLED FOR TOMORROW!?!?!

I was upset that broward and dade counties closed today and tomorrow and I know the only reason why palm beach closed was b/c the two counties NORTH of us cancelled!! But guess what!?!?


I DON'T CARE!!!

Now on the flip side, I do feel bad that a hurricane is the reason why school is out. I know they leave nothing but devastation wherever they hit; I personally think one can NEVER be fully prepared for a hurricane... you can have all the water and batteries in the world...

damn, now I'm sad.

while on the sad note, I called drew around midnight. I was dead ass asleep and something came over me. I felt like I was wasting my youth and God-given talent. we always talk about making a change and I KNOW I am but I want to do it on a more meaningful level. I feel the need to leave the country and go to where destitution is a way of life, not a part of town. I did apply to Teach For Africa last year and chickened out at the last minute. I never sent the completed app in. So blessed/spoiled, I couldn't imagine being in Africa for more than a month. Then it hit me as I was crying on the phone that if I don't do it now, when will I ever do it? Not when I've put in 10 years and have been settled in my position. Not when I'm a mom of an elementary school aged child. When? I need to do it now while I'm unmarried and have no kids, just started my career and I'm young and resilient enough to handle what may come my way.

just a thought.

also, it makes me "hate" angie jolie even more. freaking ambassador.

6 returned the favor:

Rashan Jamal said...

That's a big step! I hope if you decide to do it, that you get all the support you need.

When did school start anyway? Did you like work one day before they cancelled school?

Jameil said...

you can so do it!! it'll be awesome!! can't wait!

the joy said...

do it stace!!! i believe in you!! yay!

Southerner in Suomi said...

There no time like right now stace! I say go for it too.

La said...

Doesn't Angie make it seem like it's so simple, like it's merely a notion? lol

But you can do it. It will be challenging, sure, but that's part of the beauty of it. I bet you are far stronger and less spoiled than you think

Adei von K said...

Rashan- school started on Monday and I LOVED the day off!!
I'm really looking into teaching abroad and I know when I mentioned it last year, my Pops was all for it

Jam- I CAN DO IT! and you will come visit!!

Joy- awww thanks!! I feel so loved!

VDiz- you ain't never lied. "no time like right now" is my MANTRA!

La- she does. which adds to my "hate" for her. DAMN YOU CHICK!
That's EXACTLY what I want!! The CHALLENGE!! I feel like life has been handed to me and I'm merely coasting! I need a rush that serves and I feel that's what I need to do!