BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Saturday, January 07, 2012

slightly emo stace

*exhale*

The first Saturday of the year. So far, I'm loving it. Well, I'd like it even more if I would put away the clothes on my bed but whatever, it's Saturday.


I just realized I haven't had a relaxer since Oct 23. I don't know how i feel about that. I def don't miss it but I don't want to be dependent on intense levels of heat for my hair to be straight. I think what I'm really worried about is finding a nice black salon to re-touch my hair. The last one I went to was all hype and the ones in Man are simply out of my teacher budget. I guess that answers my question: $15 root blow-outs at the Dominican salons till whenever.

I paid all my bills yesterday. Sometimes I hate it but yesterday, it felt so good. I am so blessed to only have an AmEx bill (that was surprisingly low for a post Christmas balance), car note and insurance, and cell phone bill. I thank my dad every.single.day for no student loans. Him and FL Bright Futures.

It was hard for me to come back to NY after spending time with family in NoVA and of course Florida. It was like that first day of school when I was trying to get a job with DC Public schools. I didn't cry this time; I was (luckily) so engrossed in This Side of Paradise, it didn't hit me till later. But I did cry that morning it was -2 degrees. I cried b/c people wouldn't let me off the crowded ass bus and I had to walk an extra block to get to school. I was soooooo sad.

I said I want a big blowout party for the 30th but I don't think I want that anymore. Unless it can be spent in South Florida, (at the Mayfair Resort to be exact), I just want my girls and I to eat at a fabulous restaurant and drink top shelf till our heads fall off. and if Nigella Lawson can be there, i'd be even more excited. I love that thick hoe!
Ugh, it's on a Tuesday. Which means the Sunday before is Mothers' Day which means I won't be able to do anything till the weekend after my birthday, the 11-13th.

*blink*
#wack

Anyway, I want a croissant and a cookie on this fine Saturday. Maybe a stroll thru Central Park... ttyl

3 returned the favor:

Jameil said...

Just shave your head. Sigh. Student loans. Mayfair again? I want a croissant, too.

Adei von K said...

Why would I shave my head?? That's the last thing I want to do! I LOVE the Mayfair! So much! It's my favorite place in the world!!

Jameil said...

I didn't have anything constructive to say about the hair so that's what came to my mind. LOL @ your favorite place in the world. You are not at all dramatic!