BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Sunday, January 08, 2012

The Gays

Went to BAM yesterday for the opening of the new feminist exhibit and of course First Saturday where the third floor atrium turns into a dance floor... I met up with my fave gay who happened to move to BK the same time I did, from Florida as well. He's the one who introduced me to sushi many moons ago back when we were students at FAMU. We also attended St. Michael's AND had internships at the same elementary school in Leon County! Yeah, he was my boy. I remember when we were coming from lunch when JBB apparently followed us and got loud in his driveway. Whitman (fake name) said, "Handle your business." in such a way, I felt invincible.

Anyway, I meet up with him and of course he has "the guys" with him... omg, gay guys are the best. The house music was pumping and the men were vogue-ing left and right. I saw some GORGEOUS gays and unfortunately, a lot of unattractive lezes *shudder*. It was an okay time, glad I didn't get there too early. After the museum was when Whitman and I started to catch up. He flat out told me "This city is 70% gay, Stace. There are so many boys out here, I don't know what to do with myself. I guess you don't want to hear this though..." I laughed and told him it's totally okay; I love gay guys. To the point I wish I could date one, but with me still as a straight female, however that would work lmao. We laughed and caught up over tortilla soup and plantains at a nearby Mexican restaurant.

One thing I noticed, he is so much more open up here. Even though there was a definite homo population at FAMU, they were still closeted. Never once did I hear the word "gay" come out of Whit's mouth while we were in Tallahassee. But last night, I almost had to tell him, "honey, I know." I'm happy for him. I'm happy for people who are comfortable in their own skin.


Yesterday, I went and had sushi. The two lezes at our school invited themselves to my dinner of one. I didn't mind, it was cool to talking to people outside of my team. They too told me NYC is heaven for them. Both of them are from the MidWest (IL and MN by way of MO) and didn't come out till they moved here 3-4 years ago. How sad is that that you can't be yourself? I can definitely attest to bringing out your true colors. I'm so much more assertive here. I love it. I wonder what else I will learn nd become while i'm here for what I sense will be a season...

0 returned the favor: