BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Wednesday, January 25, 2012

*waves*

1. Don't you pseudo hate that person who disappears from a social network and then comes back with vim and vigor like they never left? And they always come back with the *waves excitedly* lol

2. We've gone from blogs with limitless word counts to status updates with technically no limit on a word count (but let's be real, we hate that person who makes us click 'see more') to tweeting up to 140 characters to instagram which is basically wordless Wednesday everyday. I suppose you can have a caption but the point is, "what's next?" FB has gone the route of graphic organizer with that damn timeline!

3. Officer Anderson Cooper: yeah, no. We have totally opposite schedules so it was pointless. But what really sealed the deal was a text message response. Actually, two in a row.

Me: Hey, just got home, how's it going?
AC: Kool, about to go in now. I sleeped all day.









*record scratch*



Wait. Di-


Did he just type the word 'sleeped'?!?!
HOW CAN YOU SEE THAT IN PRINT AND NOT HAVE A GNAWING FEELING IN YOUR GUT THAT THAT IS SO WRONG?!?! SLEEPED?!?! *smh*

The next text was a very common mistake. He confused 'their' and 'there'.
You're an NYPD cop, you carry "heat" on our dates but this is what trips you up? Like one of my oldest friends once quipped, "Homonyms steal thugness." -DMG
Also, what was up with spelling "cool" with a K? Hated that ish in undergrad, def don't want to see it now, from a 40 y.o. Irishman.

4. I'm really at a loss for what to do for my birthday. So unlike me. I blame it on it falling on a Tuesday.

5. I really don't like watching clips that are viral sensations. Mostly b/c most of America is corny and I end up saying, "really? That's what kathy lee and hoda were making a big deal abt (why do I love those two soooooooo much?!?!). Anyway, this morning, I finally watched the Isht WG say to Black Girls. It was a little funny but only cause I know Franchesca and have known her for.ever. What she was actually saying tho? Meh. I wasn't around those girls who would say things like that. She definitely was. (Dani, Nima, and Patti; she either went to Benjamin or Kings Academy. I think she endd up graduating from Dreyfoos). Anyway, like with movies, I didn't see the big deal but I kept watching the spinoffs. Isht Black Girls say was funny cause I used to live with THAT black girl. Again, I know those videos are parodies but I'm still uninspiried. Isht Vegans Say wasn't funny but Isht Gay Guys say to Straight Guys actually got a chuckle out of me. LOL

6. I really don't like poor service at nice restaurants. It makes me feel like you're only treating me that way b/c you don't think I belong in your restaurant. Yeah, I'm pulling the race card. Sure I'm not your typical white guy wall street banker white collar criminal who orders the delmonico steak and puts it on the COMPANY card, but my money is still very valid and I hate that I got no love last night. To top it off, that meal was so run-of-the-mill. Pass, have a seat, FOH, and everything else I can think of.
I don't think I've ever been impressed with steakhouses. They are soooooo expensive for something I KNOW I can make at home. Steak and pureéd potatoes?! Really? Stop.

7. So I'm done with Levain. I'm onto Make My Cake. Their red velvet cupcake... THA BIZNESS. The best I've ever had.

8. I love that January is almost done and we've only had one snow. And it was on a Saturday :-) TAKE THAT LAJAMEILIONTE!!! Ha HA! Come onnnnnnn, February and March!

9. My niece is almost here! OMG, I'm so excited! She's gonna be the perfect mix of peanutbutter and dark chocolate!! Yeeeeeee! Oh, J didn't want pink for her. Baby JJ will be swathed in soft yellows and greens. So much for that pink Calvin Klein blanket I got her... *hmph*

10. Two of my crushes got engaged. One of them made me lose my mind, real talk. I got for real hysterical and that even more hysterical at my hysterics. I love how b/c I wasn't ready for marriage, no-one else should be lol, ass.

Last thing, totally random so be prepared:

You know who I am? I'm that horse you can lead to water but you can't make drink.

3 returned the favor:

Jameil said...

1) Hate and ignore. CBB
2) I hate that twitter encourages people to say the first stupid thing that pops in their head. And Instagram has bunches of useless pics only the taker thinks are cool. Or the same thing every three days. With blogger at least you think for a minute. I hope the next one takes us even slightly in the other direction.
3) LOLOL. Are you mad b/c some of your 1st graders wouldn't make that mistake? Is that your problem? (Also told you you should've gone to Times Square) Rashan said as for the K, maybe he's a K.appa.
4) Who cares about Tuesday or having it on Mother's Day? You had it on Mother's Day last time and your fave peeps were still there, right? Right. Plan an extravaganza and party! Or sit at home and whine about being 30 and how much this year will suck. That sounds more fun. Do that.
5) I was surrounded by WGs growing up. I have heard almost EVERY SINGLE thing WGs say to BGs in that video! It is HILARIOUS to me! I also loved ish BG say! I quoth one or the two of them almost daily!
6) I have not experienced it but I would ABSOLUTELY contact management. If I'm paying a lot of money, I expect to see why.
8) Yes, please come on February. (The coldest month) Torture her!!
10) When you told me I was like and...... lol

Adei von K said...

1. Yeah this time, I ignored too. But that person is still 10x better than the person who announces their departure!!

3. ugh, the last frat I'd want to date!

4. I've never celebrated my birthday on Mother's Day... I always have it on a Saturday. That Sunday, people left to spend time with their moms (or children). This time around, it would be wrong to ask people to fly up on Mother's Day weekend since they won't have the luxury of driving home to the mothers/children. All my fave people were there cause we all lived in Florida (and Tina planned a business trip to S.Fl).
I think you should sit at home when you turn 30 since you think that sounds more fun.

10. LOL IDK what was going through my head that day!

Naima said...

#3. Seeing the word "sleeped" in print just made my day!! Bwahahahahahahaha!!!!!
#5. I wanna say Benjamin? She was at the school Dionne & I attended for a hot second -- I remember her from there.
#7. Googles "Make My Cake"...