BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Saturday, October 29, 2011

Some Unholy War

Yo, Amy was a straight ride-or-die chick.
Like, have you heard the lyrics to this song??


No, HEARD them?








Staggering.







If my man was fighting
some unholy war
I would be behind him

Straight shook up beside him
with strength he didn't know
it's you I'm fighting for

he can't lose with me in tow
i refuse to let him go
at his side and drunk on pride
we wait for the blow.


Do you have that kind of love for anything? To literally or figuratively take the blow? (even though it's very plausible with Amy, I don't think she's talking about drugs here.)


put it in writing
but who you writing for?
it's just us on the kitchen floor

justice done, reciting
my stomach standing still
like you're reading my will

he still stands in spite of what his scars say
and i'll battle till this bitter finale
just me, my dignity
and this guitar case


She signed her life away to this love. no witnesses, no support. but she doesn't care. would you do the same? Let's say she's talking about Blake (very likely). No-one liked him. Despite what his scars say, she battled till the finale. How would you react to a love no-one else cared for?


yes, yes my man is fighting
some unholy war
and i will stand beside you

but who you dying for?
b, i would've died too
i'd like to


wow.
wow.

it doesn't matter what he was fighting and or dying for. if he's dying for it, she's dying too. that level of unconditional love is mind-blowing to me.

To love something THAT much must hurt. Like, for real. Doesn't your heart ache with all that you would do for something? For a child, when that day comes, I'm sure. But for someone (or something) else? I don't know.


if my man was fighting
some unholy war
if my man was fighting...


0 returned the favor: