BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Sunday, March 28, 2010

Closet Purge

I've been a very good girl. I've gotten rid of clothes I don't want to wear and shoes that hurt my feet. I realized I buy things cause the cost is too good to let go, but what is it really worth if I wear it once? Yeah the shoes are more than fabulous but do I have to absolutely curse myself out EVERY.SINGLE.TIME I wear them? and promise my feet, "If you get me to the car, I promise I'll never wear these again, I beg you."?


Clothes-wise, I got rid of adult tees. Specifically, Benoyst Farms tees. I don't plan on being there next year (I have a job interview with Arlington Independent School District in April!!!) and I never liked the shirts anyway. I really shouldn't have a million tees; all different colors. I guess when your official colors are mint and rust, there's nothing you can do paraphenalia wise...

I also got rid of a lot of Forever 21 dresses. They SCREAM "college student". That halter dress made by Polly and Ester? Not my friend. If I'm going to a club where that dress/fabric is appropro, shoot me.

I got rid of some straw stuff I used to be in love with. OMG, bags, shoes, hats... there is one hat I kept; I giant sunhat with a pink tiger lily tied to it. I'm keeping and using that one this year!

Shoes. Dear sweet shoes. I donated two Meve Staddens that I knew were too small but had to have anyway. I don't have navy blue shoes! I had to get those to match with the one navy fitted tee I own! Yeah, I wore them ONCE and didn't even make it thru writing block (8-835am). The other pair was my black pumps with the chrome heel. Those shoes were BAAAAAD. But those are also the ones that have me cursing at myself. I (stupidly) wore them to the club one time... I know I was that person I make fun of, the one who looks like her life will end if she has to take one more step in the shoes she's wearing. I was able to get more than one wear out of those. I actually got a lot of wear out of them. I'd wear them to school, take them off in the classroom and wear them in the hallway, holla.

The last pair of shoes I gave up were some white on white shell toes. but the white wasn't so white anymore. But, I'm not like fat.jose; I don't get rid of shoes once they touch the ground. I've had these joints for a couple of years. The shell-toe part was damn near yellow. Nope, gotta go.

Now I'm at a crossroads. I have a dark gray, zip-up, princess sleeve jean jacket from the GAP. I haven't worn it in a couple of years but it's denim. You don't toss denim, do you? Especially not GAP denim. paris blues and LEI from highschool, yes. Classic GAP and Levis, I think not.

Now since I'm getting rid of clothes and shoes, it's only appropriate I replace them, right?? Hee, hee. I bought 3 dresses and a pair of shoes. a black wrap dress, a white and silver mod dress with pockets, and a sunshine yellow a-line dress. the shoes are some patent leather joints that were on sale. oh yeah! Now for some sneakers...


2 returned the favor:

Jameil said...

I knew there was a reason you were cleaning out that closet to fill it up again!! lol. donate that jean jacket, girl. doesn't fit? you must acquit.

Rashan Jamal said...

I had my closet cleaned out for me. And I'm building up new stuff slowly... of course, I still want my FUBU hoodie back. LOL