BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Saturday, November 14, 2009

Wedding Invites

I know weddings are not cheap. I know you're spending thousands of dollars to have your friends and family spend up to 6 hours with you. I know you're basically having a party in a tux/wedding dress.



But when I don't get an invite, I wonder about our status.

*

A homeboy of mine is getting married and months ago, he asked for my address and gave me the password to his wedding website. He's getting married this evening and I still have no invite. Clearly, I'm not going but, don't put it past me to drive some 4+ hours for a wedding I have no invite to! (brunswick).

Now the thing with invites to homeboys' wedding is I think, a sensitive one. I think it's a common conception that wedding day is the bride's day. with that said, I'm not invited to HER wedding, even though Dub is MY homie.

*

I remember the 1st of my homeboys to get married. Mr. L and his Cookie Monster. That was back in 2003 (damn, has it really been 6 years? I don't think so... or has it!?!?). I was pacing the driveway waiting for my invite. I mean, it was only the wedding of the year! Everyone from Suncoast was going to be there!! When a week before the wedding rolled around, I called him and asked, "Am I invited to the wedding? I know I'm an ex and I wasn't sure how Cooks would feel about that..."

Yeah, I asked that awkward question! Seeing it in print and being much older now, I can't believe I did that. Naivete, I tell you.

Yeah, I was an ex of the soon-to-be hubby. And can I tell you, he told me OTHER exes weren't invited but I was. As it turned out, the invites were pseudo sent out and most who were there were told to could come. It was a beautiful ceremony and a fun reception!

Next homeboy wedding... fave ex's.

Geez, I just get them ready, don't I?

I didn't get an invite but I didn't ask. That was last year so I had more tact. It turns out, the invite was addressed to me and Kitty at our apt. Neither one of us were there anymore. Kitty's sister read us the info and we made it to Daytona to participate in ANOTHER beautiful ceremony of my ex. we didn't stay for the reception cause Kitty's then (wack) beau was hungry and he didn't eat what was being served. So upset about that one cause I know it was off the chain. Fave ex is a Striker and so are TWO of his groomsmen. And bride is greek so I missed out on the serenade and strolls... ARGH!

That's what happens when you bring 1-star strays into the group...


I'm sitting here wondering what the deal will be abt Dub's wedding... was it sent to my parent's house? Is it a word of mouth joint like TWO I've been to? Or is Bride flat out hating?

2 returned the favor:

Jameil said...

I'm sorry. Did you say word of mouth? I can't. If you're too cheap for paper, you could at least do an evite. That is a mess.

Rashan Jamal said...

I can't say I've ever had any beef with any of my exes except the crazy stalker, but I can't see inviting any of them to my wedding. Maybe, one, but I haven't talked to her in a couple years.

Why you call Mr L's wife "cookie monster?" That's why you didn't get invited! LOL

About that link... that was way gheyer than using an umbrella. popping your booty with your homeboys?