BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Life

I hung up on my mom the other day. She was hollering about her plane ticket and I told her to stop yelling. She said she wasn't yelling so I told her to stop talking loud. She calmed down for a second but got excited all over again. No ma'am. End call.


My principal is trying to play me and the other patrol sponsor. We jumped on every fundraiser we could (gormay lollipops, chocklate, scented pencils, car washes, etc) and were able to raise about $200 for each patrol!! That is AWESOME! Whatever the case, all our bills have been paid so whatever merchandise is left is for the patrols to go on another trip after FCAT. Why is she telling us, "go ahead and bring everything to the front office and we'll take care of it" THE HELL YOU WILL! WE'LL take care of it! Not finna be using our money to have Christmas parties at your house...


My Ghanian godfather passed away. Just found out my American godfather is deathly ill. Went to see him today and I just can't believe the shadow of a man that sits where my pillar of a Godfather used to stand. With his baritone voice, not quite as bari as it used to be, we talked about the school district. He's General Counsel for PBCSD and offered some inside info on our new CAO (chief academic officer). I suddenly don't hate him anymore. And dislike my principal even more.


Drew is here. We played wee at best by and it was great. Oh yeah, I can watch TV now!!! So EXCITED!! It pays to have a guy around. They really do earn their keep.

Funny how I got excited but I don't really watch TV... at least I have the option to watch basic programming on the networks.


My children are too smart for me. I'm kidding. They are challenging me to challenge them more than the previous years have. I'm going to have some superstars in 1st grade next year! Things are snapping and trapping in their little brains now. They have schemata to fall upon and we both LOVE it when something from their past comes into their present and it makes sense to them. For example, I read a book titled Mouse-Mess. Talked about different foods, etc, etc. Just yesterday, during the phonics lesson, we talked about things that start with O and I introduced 'olives'. Okay. When centers rolled around and a group was at Big Books, Shy said, "Ms. von K! Olives! I know that that word is! I looked at the picture and sounded out the 1st letter!"

*TEAR*

My reading strategies are working!!


Anyhoo, that's where I am today.

Happy Veterans' Day. My paternal grandfather fought in WWII for the BEF.

4 returned the favor:

DaniColoredGlasses said...

Hmmm...Lyds and Mo-Mo can get soooo hype....but why?

I'm really glad that you can still enjoy teaching on a fundamental level...with as much bureacracy that you're getting on the regular at least the teaching part is still on point!

Jameil said...

You and your mom are so dramatic together!! Your misspellings drive me INNNNNNSANE!!! I love that the babies are learning!! I hope they're not learning that tho...

Rashan Jamal said...

LOL @ the principal.. It seems like she was def. gonna do some Christmas shopping with your money.

Sorry about your godfathers. I don't even know any of my godparents. I know their names, but I couldn't pick them out of a police line up.

That must be really cool to see the kids learning like that!!

Adei von K said...

Dani- it must be a immigrant thing. we're not back home, take it down please.
I have to remind myself that I'm here for the children, not for the adults; then everything gets better in my world :-)

Jameil- I am not dramatic when it comes to Mom, she's enough for all of us.
I don't know why I misspelled those words, force of habit! I love that my babes are learning too! Made me feel soooooo good!

Rashan- yeah, she had me bent. I blinked and gave her the fake "okay". Even if I have to eat every last one of those lollipops, she's not getting them!
Yo, watching my students grow academically is one of those intrinsic rewards I love!