BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Thursday, November 12, 2009

Opposites Attract

Y'all know Drew. Totally opposite of me. He's a lefty where I'm right handed. He's introverted around strangers when I'm extroverted all the time. He's a hater realist where I'm an idealist. He's a night owl while I'm an early bird. He's white, I'm black. (wait, he's white!?!?)He was raised to not believe in Jesus Christ while JC is the basis of my religion...


He came to school to help out with a car wash one day. When he left, York said, "von K! I didn't know you like to climb trees!! I just knew you had a little geeky boy by your side! Little cake topper found her a sequoia!!"

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

That has been our outside persona to everyone. And we love it.

On the inside, like behind closed doors it's a different story.

I sweep every other day and thank my mom for instilling in us, Saturday Morning Cleaning. Yes, ever since I can remember, StanKK and I would get up on Sat and do our chores. Washing the bathtub, sinks and toilets; folding laundry mom was doing as we simultaneously watched cartoons; changing all the pillowcases in the bedrooms; as we got older, cleaning the fridge (once a month), cutting the grass... GENERAL CLEANING OF THE HOUSE.

I still do that. No, I'm not getting an allowance anymore but it makes me feel good. I just wonder how "good" i'll be feeling when I'm the only one doing it for a family household.


Next thing.

Since he's usually working when I'm asleep, getting home from the studio when I'm on my way to work, you can imagine we are on totally different sleep cycles. I think can only be married to him during the summer cause this fool woke me up SEVERAL times in the wee hours of the day. I've told him, "I have to sleep babe. I have work in a few hours." and he understands but his ADD/kitten ass is still moving and rolling and shifting in the bed. He will wake me up to put my head on his shoulder. Or wrap his arms around me OR TICKLE MY FEET!!!!!

FACE

I'm a light sleeper. All this getting up and getting back in bed, opening the laptop, playing games on the phone, rubbing my back when I didn't ask for a back-rub, etc is not going to work late August- early Jun.


Let me stop complaining. I just wanted to vent cause I didn't have to go to work till 8am today and I was woken up at 515am.

*gripe over*

6 returned the favor:

DaniColoredGlasses said...

I have a serious relationship with my eye mask. Why? Because I wake up at 4:30am and a certain someone doesn't get sleepy until 2am(ish)...not cool. I think being opposites helps to keep the neurosis in check and life in perspective.

Jameil said...

I wish my mom had put the cleaning spirit in me! It would make things so much easier. I'm SO glad Rashan & I are on similar sleep patterns. Tho he needs less sleep than me, he let's me sleep on which clearly is love. I'm not pleasant when I don't get good sleep. If there were back rubs that woke me up when i was trying to sleep I'm pretty sure I would wake up fighting. My closet is the most organized thing in my house. All items arranged by type in color order. My shoes have always been neatly arranged. That's the most crazy thing about your closet- the shoes oh and 90 things on one hanger.

Adei von K said...

Dani- I want to use an eye mask! they seem so diva-ish!!
Drew was explaining to me the sleep cycle is a function of his job, which would explain why SS is up still up around 2am

Jam- yeah, you and rah with the sleep... i need to bring Drew to ATL to hang with y'all. I'll be in my bunk bed asleep, lol

90 things on one hanger?? you're so dramatic! IT SAVES SPACE!!

my shoes are sooooooo arranged now!! I LOVE IT!!!

Jameil said...

i had an eye mask i got on the flight to europe fave roomie LOVED & used to always wear. she wanted to keep it. i can't find it so i bet she stole it. ask your dad to bring you one back from ghana. i bet they have them on the plane. Your closet doesn't even have that much stuff. What are you saving space for? lol @ your bunk bed.

Rashan Jamal said...

Wait, Dreezy is white?

LOL @ climbing trees... lol @ lil cake topper...

Was the point of talking about your cleaning to say that he is your opposite and dirty?

Me and Jam have some opposite stuff, but I'm glad we have a lot of similarities.

Adei von K said...

Jam- yeah, your roomie got you for your mask.
2 things per hanger saves space for more stuff, duh! Clearly I bought 3 pairs of jeans on Thursday and 3 in the weeks before and now I need shirts!!

Rah- LOL I'm kidding, he's Armenian/Turkish/Spanish/Hispanic/Latino/Cajun/French/Greek/Italian/etc
all I'm saying is that we're opposites in almost every way. take that how you want!