BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Wedding Talk

I know nothing is guaranteed but as a female, I can't HELP but to talk about the day I've been dreaming of!



When at the house, Chole and Lamar popped across the screen. For some weird reason, both my parents knew who they are, all about the situation and even occasionally watch 'Keeping Up* with..." I was so thrown and "thanked" NNC for my temporary discombobulation.

Anyhoot, Klho and Mar prompted BOTH Mom and Pops to ask, "So, where's your wedding going to be?"

Me wanting to have a bangin ass reception with as little food and as much champagne as possible said, "At church, duh. Father said members of the church get to use it as a gift" (or something like that)

Pops: You have to take into consideration who you are marrying. Not everyone wants to get married in church

Me: Well then we'll do church and a temple.

Mom: yeah, you have to get married where you're comfortable and if you want to have 2, so be it. Jews and Catholics do it all the time

Me: yeah, what she said.

Pops: If you marry Drew, you need to have it in a neutral place. It's not right to impose your rituals upon someone else

Me and Mom: It's my/her day!

Pops: You need to think about it.

Me: so what, a hotel ballroom? outside?? in a garden? Stan is already doing the beach and I wouldn't do that anyway, too much sand.

Pops: Just keep neutral places open.


*FACE*

My once 'no charge' venue just might be out of the picture.

*

Speaking of my reception, I want Robin Thicke to sing. If anyone knows someone who knows someone who knows someone who knows him, gon' head and knock that out for me. Please and thank-you :-)

7 returned the favor:

Rashan Jamal said...

I hate to say it, but that actually sounds like good advice to keep other venues in the mix. As far as me, I'll just show up where ever I'm told to be, as long as my mom and my grandma can easily get to the venue.

Jameil said...

it's very good advice. some people are okay w/not getting married in their faith but their parents FREAK OUT!! not a good start to the inlaw relations. did you say little food & lots of champagne? do you LIKE to see people vomiting?

Adei von K said...

Rashan- aren't you the good hubby already!!!!!!

Jameil- yeah, I have to figure out how to make it a champagne sip with out throwing up....

Rashan and Jameil- I DON'T WANT TO HEAR IT!! I WANT A WEDDING WHERE I WANT IT TO BE!!! BLAH BLAH BLAH to you and my Dad!!!

*temper tantrum over*

I know Pops is right. Watch it be in a park :-(

Cluizel said...

park??? stop it Adei! lol.

DaniColoredGlasses said...

I'm on the fence on this one....I get the consideration part...But I feel like this is the one time you get to tell your guests what you want and they get to get on board or walk. Its not like if you had it @ church it would be a surprise when people pull up....The invite would clearly state "Mount Tabernacle on the green adventist methodist protestant over the valley and through the woods cogic" so they would have ample notice to get their mind right. If you think the in laws will take issue then use the engagement period to explain your decisions...if the bride and groom are happy then so be it...its your day.

---Sooo I need to bring my own snacks? Just asking...

--Park...not an option...no one likes the heat and it is clearly 81 deg. on November 11.

Anitra* said...

Free venue...did I miss the proposal? WTH!!!

Adei von K said...

Clu- right? even if it's in December, it'll be too hot.

Dani- inlaws... I think they have issues already and I don't even have a ring yet. So I'm sure a church wedding will be a drop in the bucket, lol

I'm still deciding on a champagne reception. Then again, knowing me, food has to be present. Ryoko is not invited.

park- we're ::here::. I can't be sweating profusely on my wedding day, no matter how nice the PARK is.

Martina- you didn't miss anything! You know you'd be one of the 1st to know!!
Pops was randomly putting his 2 cents in and I had to share.