BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Fiery Lord or Righteous?

this is a totally random post. i just stumbled on someone's twitter page and these feelings started to come forth!!!


my dad worked with a man named Idris for years. I think he was my dad's fave Rx to work with cause he'd come home with, "Idris this" and "Idris that". All through high school, I had a crush on this man and I never saw him a day in my life. One time, I called Pops at work and got, "Pharmacy, Idris speaking"... I was stunned. "Hello? Pharmacy..." I finally got myself together and asked to speak to Poppa Diddy Pop. But I totally forgot what I wanted cause I was still swooning from talking to "Idris"

*

There was this guy at FAMU name Idris. He was a Miami Boy so I knew to stay away. But there was something so intriguing about him! A smoky mysteriousness... anyway, one day at a pool party, Dris and his homies (who happened to be in the 100 so they knew Kitty) were hanging out, it was all cool and what not till Tremaine asked Kitty, "But for real, why is Adei staring at Idris?"

MORTIFIED.

I didn't know I was doing it. Well, I knew I was sneaking looks but I didn't know niggas was watching me watching him! Damn lil... all in mine! Can I have this!?!? You know I got indignant; with the, "Don't be mad I'm not watching you while you over there watching me! Watch your ass!" *LOL* I laugh now. I had to pick up my pride back then.

*

Rx Idris passed away this spring. You know I was so sad. I wanted to go to his funeral to put a face to the person I crushed on for years but come to find out, he was Muslim and was buried 3 days later, on a school day. I never got to see him :-(

*

So after my 2 Idris crushes, here comes fine ass, British ass Idris*Alba.

WOO!!! He is just awesome. Brit accent or "American" slang, he is IT!!

I used to be in love with the name Gabe... well, I still am. But there is nothing like an 'Idris' to make me blush! I so want to name my son Idris!!!

3 returned the favor:

Jameil said...

lolol. you hoochie. dead @ "Don't be mad I'm not watching you while you over there watching me! Watch your arse!" HILARITY!! loves it.

Rashan Jamal said...

I've never known anyone named Idris in real life. Is the title what the name means?

Adei von K said...

Jam- why I gotta be all that??
Girl, I went off on ole boy in my business!!!

Rashan- I bet you'll meet an Idris this weekend.
There are two definitions for it. 'Fiery Lord' is the Welsh def and 'Righteous' is the Arabic definition. I'm sure the Arabic one is older!