BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Friday, August 07, 2009

Nuptial Updates *updated*

1.

Tomorrow, I'll be attending the wedding of a person I don't like. He's my brother's best friend and he's a neighbor. I am going ONLY b/c the groomsmen are wearing white tuxes. You know how much I love a white tux wedding!

There is irony in the previous statement. I've come to hate white tuxes so much that I love seeing them cause their ghetto fabulousness make me squirm with snobby fashionista glee.

Yeah, all that.

So yeah, 'men are wearing white and brown, 'maids are wearing brown dresses with pink sashes, bride is wearing white with pink sash and the groom is wearing white with pink vest/tie.

I.can't.wait.


2.

Remember that August wedding I haven't gotten an invite for? Godmom called today to ask for my address so I can get mine!!! Ummm, she's getting married the last week in August and you're just now asking for my addy? Well, it turns out, since we're unlisted in the phone book, the bride-to-be's aunt couldn't find our address to send us one. It took her this long to call someone who knows our phone number to get our addy!! Argh!! I found out the wedding is in Atlanta... at little upset about that cause she was born and raised here so why not have the wedding in your hometown? And your dad is an elder in one of the oldest baptist churches in West Palm? Well, whatever floats her boat.


3.
Drew is turning 30 next July. The plan was to be married before his 30th birthday but last night, I realized, "What's the rush?" I will be living by myself for the 1st time ever and if I like it, I may want to do it for another year. In another state. Yeah, TX is still on my mind HARD so I think... I will be there next school year. Maybe next two school years. we shall see :-)

4.
All the wedding and engagement updates on FB have been replaced with baby showers. Everyone born in 1982 has spawned sometime in the past 6 months or will have multiplied within the next 6 months. I just don't want my eggs to dry up before I finish doing me. I will be sad if there can't be any mini Me's :-(

UPDATE: I spoke too soon. Just saw my best friend all thru elementary and middle school is now engaged.

2 returned the favor:

Jameil said...

I can't wait for that wedding. you are such a snob. all i want my invite more than 2 weeks before the wedding. and she can't have her wedding wherever she wants b/c i think it should be convenient for me. do. you.

Cluizel said...

PLEASE! Take picture of that wedding!