BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Meh

I knew V-Day wouldn't be a big blowout cause the band had a show on SoBe and I knew that the surprise tix to see Jaz Sullivan, Mewsic and Nee-Yo on Wednesday were my V-day gift but still


St. Valentine's Day was wack.


I ended up not going to their show cause I knew that while couples from all over South Florida would be pouring into the club on 8th and Ocean, I'd be sitting on a couch watching Fashion TV. It was 10pm when I told Drew, "I'm not going" and he had a mini hissy fit.

"You don't want to be with me on Valentine's Day?!"

"I don't want to sit on a barstool for hours on Valentine's Day"

"But it's Valentine's Day!"

"Since when were you a stickler for holidays? Plus I won't be WITH you, I'll be watching you work. I'd rather stay here where I have a bed and the option to change the channel"

*shoulder shrug*

What?


We exchanged gifts the day before for some weird reason. I got a white gold bracelet. The top half looks like iced out lace. It looks like the estate jewelry I'm digging. Very pretty, can't wait to show it off.
He got a juicer and was sooooo geeked. Pineapple juice was the best. Kiwi was good and would taste awesome mixed with liq. We need to add lemon juice to the apple juice to prevent it from turning brown. It may taste good but, you do eat with your eyes too.


This weekend, I was supposed to talk to him about what I've been screaming on this blog (thanks Rashan lol). He shut down about his family. I told him I feel like he's hiding something from me and as his best friend, I'd really appreciate it if he told me what's going on. I got a borderline curt response. Okay....?

I expressed my anxiousness at turning 27 this May and what I'm going to do with my personal and professional life. Told him TX is out of the picture and he suggested moving to Broward. I told him, "I couldn't live here with you. This place is way too small. Plus, I'm not trying to be a roommate." His response? "If I wanted a roommate, I'd move in with Lawrence" (lead singer/friend. not real name) Okay. we're taking some baby steps here...

I'm so much better at writing. I think I'm going to send an e-mail. This talking thing is for the birds.

*

Seeing how Twitter isn't on my new page, another frat boy homie got engaged this weekend and there's a video on yootube....?!?!



*blank stare*



*eye roll*




Booooooooooooo.......

4 returned the favor:

DaniColoredGlasses said...

Where to start....

1. Im so jealous you went to the show!!!!! How was it? I didn't know it was happening until the day of (ugh!) Mr. Smith adores Jazmine so if you hear abt her coming back pls let me know.

2. I can't blame you for skipping the show...although letting him know ahead of time may have lessened the hissy fit.

3. You're an estate jewelry fan? I swear we are kindred spirits.

4. Here's the biggie...keep up the conversation with him. If it helps write down all of the talking points that you want to hit...but don't turn to a email/text relationship TRUST ME...its not what's up. If this is the man that you want to spend the rest of your life with then communication is key..point blank...without it you won't get far. Imagine if he stumbled on your blog and read what the blogosphere already knows....exactly how you feel abt him/his fam/your relationship/your expectations....its almost like you're two different people....keep working at being as transparent with him that you are with us and prompting him to do the same. Once that is out in the open maybe a larger place in Broward isn't such a bad idea...you do south FLA chic so well :)

Adei von K said...

the concert was awesome! Ne-Yo is a true performer! Obviously heavily influenced by Michael Jackson but you know I have no complaints about that! He's entertaining and funny; had a bras trio instead of backup singers and they were awesome... he put on a good show!
Musiq will always have a special place in my heart. I saw him freshman year when he went on tour with luda and outkast. 1st concert ever! hitting them falsetto notes; full of passion! get it musiq! there was that one dud of a club banger that's out now?? yeah, not buying that from you, dude.
Jaz. She didn't sing "I Need You". How are you not going to sing your 1st single? that threw me off. I feel like she sings too hard and her band came out but didn't play a thing. Playback, really?

The whole day, I was psyching myself up to go to the show. When it was time to go, I just couldn't do it. he got over it when he realized it wasn't them but me.

If I could be an old WP on Palm Beach and just wear jewelry, I'd be a happy person.

*sigh* you are so right. you are too right. I know writing isn't the way to go with something this serious. I'm getting there. we talked abt his mom today.

Jameil said...

they were on campus for $10 (minus jaz) and I HAD TO WORK!!! BAH!!! why would you go to their show? for all the reasons you said. you've done that enough times. why didn't you insist on exchanging on v-day? not worth the effort of doing that? word. you're right. wow... you talked me out of that one w/o even saying a word. deep. i love jewelery. fb is the devil.

DaniColoredGlasses said...

LOL Jam!!!! so succinct but came across perfectly...so much so that I had to comment on your comment how abt that one.