BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, February 09, 2009

Double Face

More like Two-Face.

I went to the orthodonitst last tuesday. The latest tech they had working on my mouth was a bit too rough for my taste and she ripped the corner of my mouth and stretched out my bottom lip. You know when someone's head is too big for a tee shirt? And the collar is all stretched out? That's how my bottom lip looked after getting a new bracket placed on my last molar. A bit painful, I meant to tell her about herself but she was called into the office and didn't come out for a while. I left it alone and made a note to request someone besides her next time I came; if she'd even be there next time.

Fast forward to Thursday. Slight discomfort in the region, nothing I didn't think a little vaseline wouldn't cure.

Friday after school, I have a headache and the corner of my mouth is really hurting now. I get an ice cube out of the fridge in my kitchen at school (kinders got it like that!) and pretty much hold it there 5 minutes on, 5 minutes off. By the time I get home from work/school, I notice a little bump has formed in the corner. By 7 pm, several bumps have formed and the area is getting hot. Must be a delayed allergic reaction to latex, powder, a chemical used to make latex gloves, something. damn that technician.

Saturday morning, its a little colony of bumps; the corner of my mouth has swollen to jellybean size and my lower right face is swollen. The area under my mouth, beside the jaw bone is tender to the touch and the inside of my lip on the right side is swollen.

Okay.
Attack mode.

benadryl p.o. (pill)
benadryl topical (cream)
Advil pm.

As the day progresses, the right side of my face gets more swollen (think someone put cotton balls in your cheek) and I only get more drowsy. Drew finds an urgent care clinic and didn't listen when I told him to call for directions. We get there and there is no clinic. Office space for lease. I pop some pills and sleep on my left side; the side I'm not used to sleeping on.

Sunday, we find another clinic and Drew calls this time...Apparently, its NOT an allergic reaction, but a full on viral infection. The ben was doing nothing but getting me drunk.

When techie ripped my mouth apart, "an otherwise latent virus that lives in all of us came forth from the trauma".

*blink blink*

So... if ole girl had been more careful with hers, I wouldn't be here?

Basically.


So I am home today cause my face is not as swollen as it was but the infection looks grosser than before. It would've been my worst nightmare to go to school with my face looking like this and have my kinders wonder and tell their parents some off the wall thing. "Ms. K's face was fat on one side and by her mouth, it looked like a she threw up but didn't wipe it off her face".

or something like that.

Plus, I can barely open my mouth and you can't be a kinder teacher who can't talk!!


You already know I went straight to the orthodontist this morning and let them know I will NOT be paying for next month. Between the clinic, the rx, and my day off, I need a month of treatment free. There is no need for me to have a different technician everytime I have an appointment! What kind of job turn around do you guys have?! If your practice is too big, scale it and the employees down some!


Yeah, I'm at home not able to open my mouth more than an inch wide unless I dare to re-rip my now healing cut. I have numbed the area with benzocaine film that makes the area turn weird gray, cream, and brown colors... real talk. I've eaten nothing but french fries and thinly sliced corndogs. I can only drink out of straws. Do you know what songs I've heard all day today?? *eye roll*

If I hear anything from paper trail again... I will pull a Chris Brown and punch someone dead in the face.


You'd think I use this time to catch up on some reading. I'm so not trying to finish The Plague with my right side looking the way it is. Oh well, tomorrow, I'm rocking the DVF scarf.



without the kool aid smile.

4 returned the favor:

GreatWhyte said...

That's horrible and you were WELL within your rights to demand that service at the orthodontist... an infection of any kind os NOTHING to play with. My linesister had a simple infection in one of her molars after a dental procedure, and because they didn't pre-medicate her, she ended up in the ICU for two weeks. MA'AM.

Jameil said...

Stace. That is UNACCEPTABLE!!! I can't believe it was only one month free!! Ridiculous! But did you say, "If I hear anything from paper trail again... I will pull a Chris Brown and punch someone dead in the face."? stop.the.madness.

Rashan Jamal said...

and the pictures are???

For real though, this is messed up. I wanna see someone get fired.

Adei von K said...

X- ICU?!?!?! Are You SERIOUS?! See..

I also requested that I have one senior tech assigned to me.

I went back to work today and heard some more dental horror stories. I didn't know dentistry got down like that!

Jam- my mom thinks I should get the next two months free, too. Between the day off from work, the prescription cost and the clinic, it actually came to the same cost. Now if I can factor in pain and suffering...

Girl, I was home ALLLLL DAAAAY and heard nothing but T.I. and C.B. allegations.

Rashan- You got jokes if you think there are going to be pics!!

I do think chick will be fired.