BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, December 02, 2008

my bad, y'all

I know how annoyed I get when I go to someone's blog and the first thing you see the title of the post you read last week...


Nothing special has happened since I last posted. My 5 day weekend was anything but restful. Oddly split between here and Hollywood b/c family and friends were coming and leaving on different days.

Thursday- i cooked the entire meal. turkey, ham, sweet potatoes, green beans, squash, stuffing, mac & cheese, gravy from scratch. what made me mad was that i had to set the table as well! a little help here!?!?

Mini Me left friday. went shopping in my closet
*face*

monkey trick

pops left saturday and that was a hassle. he was supposed to leave from PBI but the luggage situation was some fcukery so serious, we drove all the way to ft. laud airport for a flight that was leaving 2 hours later. Mind you, I just left there that morning to see my dad off. Now i'm driving back AND coming back to west palm!

a family friend came down late saturday night for a wedding on sunday. she was supposed to come much earlier in the day and I was basically sitting up in my room waiting for her. booooooo, total waste of a day. At the last minute, I went to the mall with kitty to get a dress for the wedding we're attending THIS weekend! Tried it on and it is sooooooooo my dress for the season!! I LOVE IT!!!

Sunday, we went to church, the mall to find Bro some shoes to wear with his suit and get the wedding present for the afternoon event.

i swear I have the record for attending the most weddings in one calendar year! I will refresh your memory PLUS add TWO more weddings (indicated by a *) that have come into the radar!! AAAAAAAHHH!!

Oct- Mike in JAX
Nov- Lars in WPB
Dec- Fave Ex in Daytona
Jan- Bran 1 in JAX
Feb- Drea in WPB
Mar- a break (so far)
Apr- Dub in JAX or Daytona
May- Bran 2 in GA
Jun/Jul- Kim in WPB* (not sure which month)
Aug- Nee in ATL*
Sept- a break (so far)
Oct- PJ in Riviera Beach

Are we really only going to have a 2 month reprieve? I just can't believe it! BB&Beyond is going to have my card on file! Its no wonder they are still in business, they have wedding registries on LOCK!

So while on the subject of weddings, my bro was ring shopping when we went to the mall on sunday. I think Kita (fam friend) and I hurt his feelings in regards to the ring he was looking at for his girl. The thing was too big!!! and he was so confused cause he thought all chicks want the biggest iciest ring but that ish was...



the terms Kita and I used were,

"ghetto",
"flashy",
"gaudy",
"new money"
and my fave,
"hood rich"

The thing is, it was a whole bunch of stones as opposed to one big stone or even 3 nice sized stones. He saw 3.25 carats, we saw a lot of .125 and .25 carats put together. and there is nothing wrong with TDW being split up, it actually cuts down on the cost of the ring, but not when its put together the way that ring was.

yeah.

Anyway, I chatting abt it with one of my oldest friends, when she said ,
"ginormous hood rich ring = wedding with 8 flower girls, 16 jr. brides, and 23 bridesmaids"
I bout died right there!!

jameil, I think we need to do a record dish post on weddings since its obviously the season (Oct 08-Oct 09). I will type out the 3 big no-nos and we will expound sometime in the future.

1. white tuxes
2. extraneous positions
3. singing down the aisle

TTYL!

2 returned the favor:

the joy said...

oh, you didn't hear? I'm gettin married in Sept. Haha!

Adei von K said...

Joy, don't get cut.

When are u getting married? I need a blogger wedding!