BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, December 08, 2008

Dear St. Nick *EDITED*

(I like him more than Santa)

There are tons of things I want. Since its your time to shine, I figured I'd shout you out real quick and you holla back at ya girl, nah mean? Check it.


SATC, The Complete Series.
I want the entire collection, in the metal pink box and throw in a pink boa just cause I think it should come with one. Oh yeah, the movie wouldn't hurt, either

While talking box sets, I would really like Gossip Girl and showtyme's Dexter. OMG, those two shows are the cat's meow to me!

Joocie Kouture
my infatuation with them began with the underwear Drew got me a couple of years ago. That number has since grown and I must admit, they make the BEST underwear!!! OMG, so comfy! and they fit just right! and they make big booties look right, OW! (juicy, duh!!) the cotton joints are bomb, the lace ones are bomb... I've moved up to their t-shirts and they are cool too. They feel like a "favorite" tee the first time you put them on; worn without that distressed look. As a fanatic for all things comfy (see: sweatsuit), I know I will break down and get a track suit from out of there one day *smh*





from someone else cause I damn sure ain't paying that money for some velour!

But it is cute, isn't it? and its my favorite color!? OMG, they have this nightie that is too great and has my name written all over it: Queen of Sleep. I need it!


damn, now i'm stuck at their website looking at all the things I want and thinking of how to how to tactfully ask for them...


TIME ELAPSED: 12min


An ish load of books. And I don't want a narnes and boble gift card cause I'll end up spending it on my students!!

kiss of the spider woman
death of a salesman
song of solomon (i can't find my copy)
thousand cranes
the scarlett letter
equus (yech)
the stranger
clan of the cave bear
the metamorphosis
a midsummer's night dream
medea
the oddysey
dante's inferno (or the whole series [paradiso and purgatorio])
A Separate Peace
Hamlet
Macbeth
1984
Christ Stopped at Eboli
Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead
Light in August
Farenheit 451
and any piece by Gabe Garcia Marq. Check with me first cause I have a lot of them.

A year subscription to either or all of the following magazines:
GQ
Vanity Fair
InStyle
Essence.
I've been disappointed with the last two lately; seems like the same thing over and over again but...I got some AWESOME tips from the last ones I read so, we'll give it a year.

A Tiffany-style SOMETHING!
It can be a lamp, paper weight, door decoration, anything! I think those things are the coolest thing next to stained glass windows at a church.

Gift Card to Express
self explanatory. they have dresses i want but refuse to buy

a black coat/jacket that's not a pea coat!
Its a bit contradictory, but I want a spring jacket that's not yellow, green, blue/green blossomy, pink, peach, red or red rosettes. a spring jacket that's black is still on my list.

Jewelry never hurt anybody ;-)
I'm really digging estate pieces (movement, lightness) and Edwardian (lace like detail) necklaces, bangles, cuffs and rings! The filigree... the ornateness... THE COST!

some new music.
i'm tired of my itunes list. i neeeeeeeeeed more music!!

A puppy.
A beagle puppy. I was watching dogs 101 on aminal planet and was hooked! Can we make it so it doesn't age?


Ok, I'll stop here. I can see this list is getting to be ridiculous.

9 returned the favor:

Jameil said...

me likey! except i don't believe in juicy or tiffany. they like to jack up prices on the most regular of items.

DaniColoredGlasses said...

Seriously, my GQ subscription has been one of my best investment over the years...such a yummy mag and the fact that its for guys actually makes it a better read.

Good list...but...um...why are your books an ode to the 'coast reading lists? LOL maybe thats why i'm all over mags like GQ.

Good luck with St. Nick

La said...

I am pretty sure I am gonna adopt this entire list as my own... except the Juicy sweatsuit. I can't see paying that much on what is essentially a towel stitched together, lol.

Rashan Jamal said...

I need to get my Christmas list popping. Not that I'd actually wind up getting anything on it, but it should still be fun.

the joy said...

I love that show! I want a puppy too. But something that will stay small. Also, have you faxed this list to your boo?

Jameil said...

is this what you're thinking of?
http://www.gap.com/browse/product.do?cid=22924&pid=593225&vid=1

Adei von K said...

jam- yeah, both of those companies stay trippin. you want me to pay how much for some sterling silver?? or not.

dani- girl, it was that weekend in ATL for your birthday that I knew GQ had to be a part of my life. i'm trying to get the brother to step his game up and read it as well. he thinks its metro. *sigh*

as for my "ode to 'coast" list, those are the best books the world has to offer!!! if not those books, then at least the authors!! you have to agree on that one!

la- see, the beauty of such a riduculous list (such as a bridal registry) is that someone may actually get you something off of it! like a vera wang toothbrush holder for $90 or a juicy sweatsuit for $116!!

rashan- get those big things popping! mayse some blogger fans can knock a couple of them out for you!

joy- isn't that show awesome? so glad i watched it cause for the longest time, i wanted an english bulldog but they are SO not what's up for south florida living!
i dropped a couple of hints to the booski (see: blatantly told him box sets, queen of sleep, and some jewels)

jam- nope. that looks like a boucle' jacket i already own. minus the collar and button

Adei von K said...

jam- more like this but not made of wool
http://www.ninewest.com/32+-Belted-Coat/3013638,default,pd.html?cgid=537302

p_nami said...

Great list. Especially the books. I have a month of no class; I think I will take a couple off your list (of the ones I haven't read) and go to the bookstore!