BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Sunday, April 06, 2008

We Major

Church gala was BOMB! It was at an arnold palmer country club with a silent auction art exhibit.


I wish I brought the menu home to type up for yall! here's what i remember:
baby greens with a champagne vinagrette and softened warm goat cheese, a dual entree of salmon with lemon blanc sauce and baked chicken breast with tropical salsa, asparagus and baby carrots medley and potato puree (see:mashed potatoes).

with your dinner ticket, you got two complimentary drinks (I got smirnoff w/ pineapple then absolut citron with pineapple and I hit one of my old lady friends up for one of her tickets... another screwdriver).

Let me tell you about this DJ that played the entire history of reggae on wax. Starting with Sizzla and worked his way back. The old folks were doing the watusi to early early Bob... like ska/pop Bob, not rastafarian Bob. of course he played the requisite electric slide, cha cha slide (groan) and I worked it... it was a beautiful affair!



The young, flashy, fly table + someone's mama.  We are all smiling but talking mad ish about her thru our teeth.  esp me and DQ (red dress).

Afterwards, we hit up downtown palm beach gardens and I got this sushi appetizer.

That is an ahi tuna roll without seaweed, atop a bed of edemame and diced cucumber; smothered in avocado paste and drizzled with a spicy Thai sauce and wasabi mayo. It was so big, i am eating the last 2/3 for lunch right now.
So that was last night. Desy wants a morning pic to see my hair now.


I'm out!

14 returned the favor:

Jameil said...

i don't want you to look like you're about to end it all tho. not droppin it like its hot & drankin @ the church gala!! did they play some weezy? that menu.........mmmmmmmmmm!!! you know how i feel about oversized things don't you? that tuna roll looks disgusting. reminds me of the 600 lb. man they had to cut open his house to get him out.

Adei von K said...

lolol! i don't know if i had a delayed hangover, but my head started hurting hours after i woke up.
GIRL! one of the old ladies asked of I can DOUBLE DIP during 'step in the name of love'!!!! I did and she followed suit!!!

yeah, the tuna didn't look appetizing but that thing was sensually good! and even better this morning with soy sauce.

Jazzy said...

The hair is just too cute...even the day after!

lol@you workin some old lady for one of her drink tickets!!

That baked chicken with tropical salsa is calling me!!!

"Red Dress" looks CRAZY TALL!!

Desy said...

lol @ i don't want you to look like you're about to end it all tho...

the cut is definately the HOTNESS.. even in the mornin hours... definately run your fingers thru status

that sushi appetizer look so good... *salivatin at a pic*... makin me wanna climb thru the computer...

who was that dude on your arm... he was a cutie... go ahead girl... ;)

*cha cha slidin out*

the joy said...

Your hair is cute! And I like your lil flowy outfit and whatnot! lmao. And it held up. Got your lil crew at church... I was like uh, that is not drew! But I guess he wouldn't be at a church thing...

Rashan Jamal said...

Drinking and dancing at a chu'uch function? That's the kind I need to hit up.

I woulda been talking mad ish too, especially if they let me drink.

p_nami said...

That sushi looks HUGE!

Love the group pic...everyone looks cute. LOVE the hair chica!

Cluizel said...

awwww...fun fun!

Love the outfit and the hair!

shani-o said...

First of all, I LOVE me some ska Bob... what ya know about that 'One Cup of Coffee'????

Second of all... that sounded like fun. Almost makes me wanna be a churchgoer.

Victoria Page said...

Hey Miss Stace! Just coming by to check you out! You looked like you had a ball at the church gala!

Eb the Celeb said...

um... what church you go to cuz I would be there every sunday...lol

cute pics!

GreatWhyte said...

I was thinking the same thing: dranks and reggae at an Episcopalian church function? I must have picked the wrong St. Something when I was growing up :) I really love your outfit- FLASHEEEE!!!!!

Adei von K said...

ODiva- thanks babe! way better than the natural right? Girl, there was a 20 year old there but light skinned buddy beat me to his tickets!
Red dress is an amazon. a fierce one!

desy- i love my hair! i'm actually thinking of cutting that bottom layer off so it can grow into a bob...
i know some old ladies who will cha cha you under the table!

joy- thanks homie! I should've taken a front pic so you could see it in its glory :-)
Drew was perkin and you hit it on the head: it was a church function.

Rashan- yo, the whole night was spent riding on the old folks!
find a church with a strong island foundation and you'll have a good time!

doll- girl, and i shared it with lightskinned homie! GINORMOUS! Thanks for the compliments!

Clu- it was so much fun! i'm sure the two drinks during cocktail hour didn't hurt...!

Shani- when i first got into Bob, it was the blue album from his 4 disc set that i ADORED! Ska Bob is so happy and light!
be a church-goer! it can be fun!

VPage- welcome back homie! I did have a ball! they need to do this more than once a year!

eb- i attend a church that's predominantly Jamaican! and you know this!

X- lol @ picked the wrong St.!! I heard the valentine's day party they have is cool too!

GreatWhyte said...

Oh yeah, and the hair was dope too (yes, I said dope in '08)!!!!!