BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Sunday, March 04, 2012

Liq'd Saturday

Like any and every other Saturday, I lie in bed for hours and around 4pm, get to getting. Yesterday started off a little differently. I didn't want to get up and go. Matter of fact, I was in such a bad mood, I wanted to stay home and feed myself papa jon's pizza. I cancelled plans to meet up with friends at 1st Saturday and chatted with my sister. we both decided we will get married under the radar. i used to wonder why people elope; make 200% sense now.


Anyway, around 6pm I knew I couldn't waste a precious saturday being pissed at family and in-laws so i text Lish to see what she's up to. she was with another teacher who just happened to text me at the same time. they asked what i wanted to do and i said, "The ideal place for me would be a lounge that happens to be a bakery and a bar. I want red velvet cake and red wine. I want dessert and drinks.

Well lo & behold, there is a place just like that. Well, minus the lounge vibe. The Chocolate Room in Park Slope Brooklyn was a bakery with wine (& one beer) pairings!! Are you freaking kidding me?! I can really get cake and wine only? And the cafe setting is perfect for you and a date or your girlfriends?!

I got the flourless chocolate cake with a Spanish port.

Fraser and Niles would be so proud!

5 returned the favor:

Patti said...

Chocolate and red wine...absolute perfection.

Jameil said...

sigh. i love ny.

Cluizel said...

oh! I've been there before! Yum!

Adei von K said...

Patti- I never knew... That was the simplest yet most decadent dessert ever. Peanut butter and chocolate have nothing on red wine and chocolate!

Jameil- I will die when you visit as we writhe in culinary delight!

Clu- I have to go back! Come with??

Cluizel said...

Yes! That is so worth a trip to Brooklyn.