BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Sunday, February 12, 2012

Buenos Dias

It's 221 in the morning. Do you know where your Adei is?

1. Whitney died today. Such a shock! Everyone who was born in the early 80s loved them some Whitney. EVERYONE. Men and women. Her national anthem rivals that of marvin gaye's (I think hers is better, less "remixed") and of course she was the talent show go-to for YEARS. (Sexual Chocolate anyone?) But of course, the thing with social networks is you get some people who have to let people know they won't join the bandwagon of whatever the public sentiment is. Valentine's Day, Father's Day, 9/11; isht, even B.I.C.'s pics yesterday, there's always that one (or four).

2. Boo Thang told me he went to meet someone he met online and they went out for drinks in the upper west side. He seriously thinks dude put something in his drink cause he's never had margaritas that "strong" before. Because he was feeling weird, he didn't think he'd make it home (BK) on the train so they went to dude's house. Dude asked if he could ____ and BT said ok. When he woke up this morning, dude was trying to ____ some more and this time BT said no and left. I hate that these things happen and i've been lucky to not have any friends get drugged. I'm so upset for Boo Thang. I told him he needs to go to the police but he's trying to brush it off saying he ok'd it. "No! You were clearly under the influence..." but he's not tryna hear me. Probably cause even though he's gay, he's still a man and you don't know? men don't get raped! *sarcasm*

3. my saturdays have been AWESOME! Last week had two glasses of cab while at the BK museum and because Don Corn. died, it was an old school set the whole night. You'd've thought I never heard the Jackson 5 before! IDK, there's something about hearing your faves on loud speakers that make the songs THAT much better! even songs you don't like hit in the clubs (this timbaland, timberlake, hilson song sticks out right now...). After that, speech pathologist and another 1st grader teacher and I hit up Manhattan. I got a peach cosmo at some cool lounge near Times Square and then we went to a club. A bit housey for my taste but we had VIP/bottle service so I wasn't complaining. We know how that night ended. phone left in the cab,

4. speaking of phone, i haven't been too pressed to get a new one. although there are times when I NEED to talk to people, I can still communicate and that's all that matters. No phone makes me more accountable for where I'm going to be at what time. I have to order my steps b/c if I don't, I'm late to work or lost with no-one to call. yeah, that happened on Thursday. (It had to be thursday, didn't it?) I took my assistant out to dinner for all the hard work she does in the classroom and when it was time to go, I had no idea where I was and where I should go. I walked forever. In that part of Brooklyn, there are nothing but yellow cabs. (close to Man). I HATE yellow cabs. They know nothing about the other boroughs. I climb into one and tell him my cross streets. Nothing. I finally tell him I live in Bed-Stuy (most yellow cabs don't go there) and still nothing (I think he was faking.) He asked if I needed to go to Queens so then i ask, "Do you have GPS???" He says no. I get out and slam the door.

OH THIS IS WHY I LOST MY PHONE IN A CAB LAST WEEKEND!!! I TOOK IT OUT TO GET DIRECTIONS TO MY HOUSE FROM FUCKING MANHATTAN!!!!! BUT DRUNKY ME FORGOT TO PUT IT BACK IN MY PURSE!!!!! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHH! I HATE YELLOW CABS!

So I'm walking what seems like forever in luckily, the nice part of BK. But it's cold, late and a school night. I don't know how many blocks I walk, I finally see a livery cab. I tell him my cross streets, he tells me his price, i talk him down $2 and it's all good in the neighborhood.

5. I can't wait to go home and get my car. It has been consuming my mind since Christmas break.

6. I found a salon that does relaxers for $45 ($35 on Mon-Wed!) and she's a block away from my place. Yeah, basically the opposite direction as my Domi salon. She uses Mizani... what's a girl to do??????????????????? I really don't need to relax so why should I? cause it's there! and my hair is shinier with a relaxer! and I can do roller wraps with relaxers! and my edges won't look like Baa Baa Black Sheep!!!
Y'all know I'ma go back and forth with this. It's my hair, what else am I going to talk about??

7. My principal wants me to teach kindergarten next year... IDK how I feel about that. After having a taste of 1st grade, will I be able to go back to Where the Wild Things Are???? And in NY, you can be 4 y.o. in kinder. #HolUp

8. I don't know what has taken me so long but I am soooooo ordering Ugly Betty s3 and s4 from amazon! I watched a totally random episode and it brought me sooooo much joy! Thank you B. Suarez for adding to my love of Saturday!

9. Tomorrow is brunch day. I think I will have a brunch of baked goods. There's a pie place in Park Slope (BK), my patisserie in SoHo, cookies in Midtown and Oprah's cake place in Harlem. Wait, seeing how the high will only reach 32 degrees, I need some 'strategery' on how to make all that happen...

10. I cooked last week. Ribs, baked beans, corn, cornbread. I don't think I cooked the ribs long enough (too hungry) and they make me sick. Maybe my body isn't used to pork anymore. Oysters and sushi it is.


Alright good people, this was your weekly update! XOXO :-)

0 returned the favor: