BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Randoms

I'm home the earliest I've ever been since I moved to NY and I don't know what to do with myself! I called Officer Anderson to see what he's up to. He's not working tonight so we're trying to figure out what to do. In the mean time, some random thoughts.


1. I really don't like Indian food. I think it's way too expensive for what is never pleasing to the eye. It always looks like slop to me. You eat with your eyes first. Also, the flavors are just too much. I bite into something soft and white and I'm hit with a vinegary oniony taste? Does not compute. It messes with my head too much.

2. There was a student in my class two years ago named Giovanni. His brother was Leonardo and his sisters were Giada and Franchesca. Italian much?!?!? I loved that child! and I do like the name Giada. It's so feminine and pretty.

3. I took myself to a sushi restaurant last night. They didn't have any fancy rolls but I thoroughly enjoyed my food. The simple rolls were so fresh and delicious. It made me think of the restaurants Drew and I used to frequent. One was Nakorn, simple and fresh sushi, a few fancy rolls. The other was Sushi Room, the fancy flashy rolls, also DELISH. *sigh* Drew and I used to go INNNN on some sushi. and every time he picked me up from the airport, there was always a brown paper bag with some rolls just for me.

4. So my mom is still in Ghana. My dad came home yesterday. Our Christmas will be Pops and his two daughters. I think we will migrate to Stessica's or maybe they'll come our way. Whatever the case, I have my brother's gift. I need 3 more. And of course the one w/o the job wants the most extravagant things!! Mini Me's list made me bust out laughing, real talk.

5. Every time I unwrap my hair, I think, "Wraps are so boring. Do I want to cut my hair again?" I think I will have a long hair end date, like Nima. She didn't cut her hair till after her wedding. I may wait till the 30th for either the hair cut or the last long hair hoorah. Stay tuned.

6. Tonight was our holiday party, both at school and as a network. Yeah, I celebrated with Brooklyn and passed on the City. I don't like those people. If I don't have to spend anytime with those people, I won't. I don't care if it's bowling or not (and I like bowling).

7. I have a green bubble, a green FAMU hoodie, a dark green FAMU sweatshirt, a green FAMU tee, and an olive green smocked one sleeve dress. I need more green clothes. Damn you, Pops.

8. I really like kiwi strawberry flavor. I can drink KS snappl all day and eat KS candy all night.

9. I can't wait to be back in the DMV for a little spell! I really love being there! I think the area is calling me back! The urge has to be great for me to leave NYC, I just got here!

10. What can't I wait to do when I get home?? Drive! Drive to Publix! Drive to the beach! IN THAT ORDER! Well, maybe I should drive to my waxing place. But that's in Jupiter... oh well! I'ma be a driving fool! ROAD TRIPS ON DECK!

Okay, i'm done with this mid-week post. TTYL!

4 returned the favor:

Patti said...

Really Stace? You're looking forward to driving?! BWAHAHAHAHAHA!

Jameil said...

1) :((((( You need to have some of Saman's food! And I can cook for you, too. I DEFINITELY agree that overpriced Indian food is not the beat. And you like simple things so maybe you'll never like it considering their recipes often have 5+ spices and 10 steps. BUT I want you to have some good, homemade Indian before settling in w/that conclusion.
2) I was thinking about one of your cute, sweet students the other day. He offered me unlimited Ritz crackers. LOLOL
3) I WANT SOME SUSHI!!!
5) The 30th like next week the 30th? Why wait? That date seems so arbitrary.
8) ha! I used to tear up those KS drinks back in the day!
9) J'adore the DMV, too!
1o) Ditto Patti. LOLOL Ginza misses you.

Adei von K said...

Patti- yes ma'am! I'm looking forward to thinking of where I want to go, hopping in the car, and getting there in a timely manner! 3 miles away? I'll be there in 5 minutes! CAAAAAN'T WAAAAAIT!

Jam- the way you talk abt Saman's food, I would really like her to invite me over for dinner! And I do remember pics you took of... Ramadan feast (?) looking amazing.

2. And darling Gio wanted to share his honeybun with you LMAO!!!!!!! Fingers all over that thing! LOLOL!

3. After Publix, I will go to Ginza!

5. The 30th birthday, not of December lolol!

8. Right? Aren't they delish?

9. We need a meet-up the DMV! Restaurants, beware!

10. LOL, my excitement is pitiful, isn't it lol

Jameil said...

She would love to have you over for dinner! OMG I forgot about the 5yo-finger-encrusted honeybun!!!! Foolishness! ROTFL @ 30th birthday! W/anyone else I would've gotten that! But I just can't put it past you to be like long hair don't care until next Tuesday. I want NYC first.