BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Sunday, December 25, 2011

Having a Moment...

looking at all the lovely pictures posted on FB and the web, I cannot BELIEVE how "grown" we are! Everyone is up and married, married with children, married with 2 children...! When did all this happen?!!?

What is blowing my mind are the terms 'husband' and 'wife'. For the longest time, those two words applied to people my parents age and older! So now to see lifelong friends, classmates, campmates, former Girl Scouts, cousins, and siblings with a 'husband' or 'wife'?? AMAZING! And it only makes sense, when our parents got married 30+ years ago, they were in their 20s (sheesh, much earlier 20s than nowadays...)

So I'm looking thru an album of a girl I went to middle and high school with. SHE (if you knew her, it would blow your mind)... is somebody's wife and mother! and for Christmas, her hubby (of almost 5 years BTW) re-did her kitchen and she is THRU THE ROOF elated! YO!! Who would've and could've called that?! I remember when a handle of vodka or a case of beer and a mini skirt would've been IT for her!

Another girl I've known since summer camp... I just told her, "I remember when we were learning how to step in the gym at Roosevelt..." now she's also a wife and a mother of two and taking those family holiday pictures you used to get from your PARENTS' friends!! OMG, I can't believe this is us now!

Lastly, I just saw a picture of the newest baby boy to add to the 234,245,310 born in 2011. GORGEOUS. And he belongs to a friend of mine!!! I CAN'T BELIEVE IT!!!


Here's to the new year of friends, family, and beautiful growth! I'm so excited for all of you (and myself!) LOVE Y'ALL!!

2 returned the favor:

Jameil said...

sap

Adei von K said...

Oh, hursh.