BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, May 09, 2011

United Stace of America

Why is it so hard for people to let me do me? I understand wanting the best for someone and caring so deeply that you want to shield them from any harm but damn! When can I make a decision and it's okay? Good or bad, I'm going to make decisions and I will need to learn from them.

I'm really upset my dad called me with that bullshit. I planned on spending a nice two days down here in the Grove and now all that's in my head is "you're going to get fired! You can't do things like that!" Why not? Why can't I do things like this? Why can't I take a day off for my birthday? "You took last Friday off for your sister's graduation and now this Monday? You can't do things like that!"

I'm so on edge right now. Everyone has stacey's well-being in mind. Move here, stay here, I bought a house here, you should go to school here, nevermind go to school here, major in this, no you can't major in that here, come back home, no for real, let your parents be your parents and come home, etc.


They say no man is an island. I had no idea I was an entire nation.

2 returned the favor:

Kali said...

Stace, do you! All those people that are giving you opinions on how and where to live your life are doing just that- living their lives. No one said they were entitled to live theirs and yours! Enjoy ur 2 days off. Teachers deserve it. Above all else, do you chica!! :-)

Adei von K said...

I WISH I COULD! But I just can't shake off what he said. Like, it REEEEEAAAAAALLY irked the mess out of me that I cut my mini vacay short! I took one day and that was ruined as well!

one day, girl. one day.