BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Thursday, July 08, 2010

Birthday Boy

If y'all know me, you know I make a big deal out of my birthday. If you know Drew, you know he doesn't.


But, if you REALLY know Drew, you'd know he doesn't MIND if someone makes a big deal out of his birthday.

I learned this little thing abt him last year when I was going crazy trying to find an immersion blender for Jameil. There he was moping and wondering what all the fuss was about. I had to get him right on together and tell him, "I make fuss for people who like fuss. Me and Jameil LOVE are birthdays and we make a big deal out of them! Does Target have an iFone app, find me a blender."

Whatever the case, I decided for his 30th, I'd make a 'fuss' over him.

On Tuesday, I told him, "Take a shower at 1230 and wait for me to pick you up". At 1250, I was in front of his place and we were off. He had no idea where we were going. Once we got to Aventura Mall, I told him, "We're getting married today! Go to Macy's and pic out your ring and get fitted for a suit!" When his face didn't show utter and extreme joy, I told him, "Calm down, we're just picking out your band. I'm going to get it for you." We walked thru Macie's when I "realized" we were in the wrong one. "Aa man, we need to go to Men's Macie's! That's on the other side of the mall, isn't it? Well, let's go!"

I'm dragging him across the mall when we get to the Art of Shaving. *Scrrrrrrrrrrr!* "Just kidding! You're getting a shave and haircut!" He started smiling but then the manager ruined it. "Your appt was for 1pm, it's 115. The barber has another appt and he may have to rush. If he doesn't do a good job, it's cause he has another client coming in."

ARE YOU SERIOUS RIGHT NOW? WHO SAYS THAT!?!?

Drew turned to leave saying, "I don't want a bad rush job." and I make a deal. "OKay, skip the haircut, can you do a good job with the beard trim/shave?" Now it was the barber's turn to get huffy.

"I am a professional. I only do good work. Nothing I do is rushed"

Whatever. let your mgr tell it...



I walked around the area for a little while then went back. Drew's eyes were closed so I sat in the room and watched the barber do his thing. Soooooooooooooooooooooooooo coooooool! I was smiling and enjoying the show when my brother decides to call. The t-mobile ringtone shot Drew's eyes open! "Daaaaaaaaaah" I muttered and tip-toed out. I pressed 'ignore' but we already lost that meditative feeling. I call Stanley and he just wanted to know what Kitty and RJ thought of his house. See, I took them there the night before. My brother needed affirmation. So cute.

I walk some more and go back to see Drew is finished. His cheeks are rosy and his beard is SHARP! All the fine creams and lotions and tonics and extracts... grapeseed lily flower blossom, japanese palm frond, eucalyptus thorn mush, I don't know!


We walk the mall and I gave him the seersucker shorts he had been eyeing, then we go to a cool sneaker store, check out arden b and then we're out. I stop by holefoods to get some groceries but their prices were killing me. I couldn't even get down like that, I grab watercress and sage. for the rest, Publix it is.

We get back home and i realize I bought broccoli rabe instead of watercress.



DAAAAAAMN YOU HOLEFOOOOOOODS!!!!!!!!! DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMN!

And oh, it is so bitter! nuffin i could do with that! my shrimp w/o roasted tomatoes or watercress salad was looking more like beans and sage. not awesome. although, i did use sun dried tomatoes... meh. i was still pissed abt the rabe.

(tbc)

3 returned the favor:

Jameil said...

LOL @ eucalyptus thorn mush. Broccoli rabe??? How do you mix that up when you grab it??? You cook it in chicken stock to get rid of the bitterness. We're gonna have to teach you how to use a computer.

Adei von K said...

The rabe wasn't where it belonged. and b/c the watercress was labeled "hydroponic", I thought it was supposed to look different from the one you used in NC. *SMH*, I really should've read the label.
When i got home and realized it wasn't what I wanted, I thru it away. I was so upset, I didn't think to look up how to prepare it.

Gorgeous_Puddin said...

That manager was an idiot. I mean really who says that before a service. I'm glad the shave was cool. I celebrate birthdays too. I mean CELEBRATE!!! WHOO HOO!!