BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, February 16, 2010

"We Just Gon Show Out Like That?"

Y'all need to give Dreezy a hand. When you see him, please pat him on the back or give him a Hi-5. This Sunday was the BEST Valentine's Day EVER.


ever?

EVER.


When was the last time you heard me say anything like that about a gift-giving holiday?

I'd venture to say it's been about 3 years.

Well, let me break down the day for you and explain what made it perfect for me.


It's 1230am. I'm just getting back from my Ghanian godsister's wedding. Her wedding was in Kendall and the reception was in Brickell. Both of them far. Mind you, I literally hopped off a plane, hopped in the shower and hopped into Pops' Sequoia for the trek to the bottom of Dade county. We got lost (of course) but eventually made it. Then we drive another 30+ minutes north for the reception. I'm guessing cause it was V-Day weekend, everyone was on the road getting last minute gifts.

Reception was nice, got some pointers, made me want a big wedding again. And speaking of weddings and receptions, boy did we have some discussion while doing our tour of So. Fla... I figured my wedding will be a party for my parents that I will be a guest of honor at. Watch and see. Now I digress.

I make it back to my place at 1230am. Drew shows up at 1245 with a little brown bag in hand. With the biggest grin, he walks thru the door and says,

"Happy Valentine's Day, babe! I love you!"
"For me?? On actual Valentine's Day!?!? OMG, I'm so excited!"

I open the cards. The first one is a Hoops and Yo-Yo. If you don't know about their cards, get thee to a Publicks or Wahlgreens and check them out. Trippith.me.out.

The second card had me ROLLING! It started off all sweet on the front, "Valentine, I love you more today than I did yesterday". Then inside it read, "Yesterday, you really got on my nerves."

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
I'M DYING ALL OVER AGAIN!!!

*whew* There was no reason for that card to be that funny.

Now it's time for the presents.

I unwrap the first bundle of tissue paper... Juicy Cout underwear! One of them had pink glitter on it!! OW!!! The other was gray and dark pink, my two fave colors to wear!! THANKS BABE!

Second bundle, a Queen of Sleep cami nightgown from Juicy!! Ow! I've been eyeing their nightgowns cause I feel like they speak to me! Queen of Sleep??? So me! I don't care where we are, as long as my head can be tilted, I'm good! Dreaming of Sleep? I get excited at the thought of taking an AdvilPM for that good-good sleep. But I fall asleep before I remember to take it!

The final item came in a box. His monkey ass actually took a picture of it a week ago and sent it to me. I think it killed him holding onto my gift for so long. I open the box and it's a pearl necklace!! Awwww!! I got a strand from mommy and daddy when I graduated from college but I haven't seen it since I left Tally :-( (*side-eyeing mini me*) Now Drew has given me the necklace I've been missing!

Now all this excitement, in addition for being up God knows how long brought a crashing on me. I promise you, I had him put my necklace on me and I hit the bed, HARD.

Woke up V-Day morning at 6am cause I forgot to turn off the alarm. Bastard, I only got 4.5 hours of sleep :-( Oh well, I get up and start cleaning... in my pearl necklace and nightgown! I felt so Donna Reed-ish!! By 8am, breakfast was ready. Egg over medium well, hash brown, buttermilk biscuit, turkey sausage (for me) salsa, and guac in the shape of a heart. Yum-O.

We went back to sleep. woke up, took my mom flowers and chocolate came home and killed wii.

Yes, we played wii. We both unlocked our Miis on mario kart!!! So excited!

Nap-time.

Woke-up again and ordered sushi. So ridiculously good. But that was just a snack cause for V-Day dinner, I planned on fresh 4 cheese tortellini with a baby bella and pink shirmp alfredo sauce and a lobster tail on the side.

yeah, we made dinner but didn't feel like eating! Just drank Asti and played more wii! Haha! Then we watched the All-Star game stuff and I fell asleep.

Monday, Drew made lobster omlettes. So beyond good. To drink, we finished the asti with freshly squeezed cali orange juice. *sigh*. "So we just gon show out like that? all weekend, Drew?" I think he's making up for special days past ;-)

We hung around all day. We thought about going to the movies, thought about renting movies, ended up picking beads for my MardiGras lesson today and heading back to my place. I don't even remember the rest of yesterday except for naps and olympix. Don't even matter, my Valentine's Day was AWESOME!!

4 returned the favor:

Jameil said...

Glad you had a good time!

Cluizel said...

awwwwww! :-) Love it!

Naima said...

Awwwww, yay!!

DaniColoredGlasses said...

So well deserved!