BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Wednesday, February 17, 2010

I Get It From My Momma

Although I'm not the richest person in our pseudo household (household that includes the state of Florida), I like to think I give the best gifts. This Sunday, I gave mommy her fave chocolate (anything Cadbury's... British bred girl) and a peach rose. She loved them and called me TWICE to thank me.

Really mom? Some milk chocolate and a rose? I see where I get it from; it's the little things.


So today, I went to Spencer today to hang out with Lyds. She opens the fridge and pulls out the remaining third of her chocolate bar. Surprised, I say,

"Wow Mom, you have discipline!"

to which she replies,

"Who said anything about discipline? I ate the one you bought me, went out and bought two more. Ate another one and was too embarrassed to eat a third. I took a piece of the last one and put the rest in the freezer. Then I made myself some hot chocolate and oatmeal."

*blinking* "Word, Mom? That's a little gross."

"It was like something came over me and I had to have it."

"That sounds impulsive."

*breaking the third into manageable pieces to feed her face with*

"Whatever." (said in Lyds accent)

3 returned the favor:

Jameil said...

Hahahaha. Whateva in the Lyds accent is MY. FAVE!!!!! "Really mom? Some milk chocolate and a rose? I see where I get it from; it's the little things." Lolol. Maybe it's a woman thing or maybe I'm just like that, too. I like big things, but the little things show you put some thought and effort into it.

Rashan Jamal said...

That's a lot of chocolate. I've never heard your mom talk, but I can imagine that whatever in my head. LOL

DaniColoredGlasses said...

Impulsive....sounds familiar.....