BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Friday, December 25, 2009

0-3

I've calmed down tremendously since this morning...






as you may or may not know, Christmas Eve marked THREE years I've been in a relationship.

and for the 3rd year in a row, we did NOTHING.

When talking to my future sis-in-law, she exclaimed, "Aw! So nice! What are y'all doing? Going to dinner? Anything special?"

NOTHING.


2007, he was in a BAAAAAAD mood. Oh man, I just knew our 1st year anny was going to be awesome and it wasn't. I remember riding in the car with an awkward silence cause he was PISSED about something and it spilled into OUR day.

2008, I spent the day thinking he was going to surprise me... nothing. I went to midnight mass and set myself up by sitting in the back so I can signal him when he decided to show up... he never came. I didn't see him that whole day.

2009, three years, we did nothing. I got my hair done and spent the rest of the day at home.

So buddy is 0-3 on annys. What about Christmas?

I don't even want to talk about it anymore. I'm getting upset again.


Can I just ask you this? Christmas is the 25th of December EVERY year right? So that means you basically have 364 days to figure out what to get someone right? How long does it take to get someone you know and love something for Christmas? and if for some weird reason, you don't know what to get them, do you know person's friends? Can't you send a tweet? E-mail? Text? Phone call? taking it back to my high school days- smoke signal? (#shoutout to dmg23). HOW MANY TIMES DO WE HAVE TO HAVE THIS CONVERSATION!?!??!







Taking it back to the old school.

4 returned the favor:

GreatWhyte said...

Realizing that this will probably earn me the biggest side eye in the world.... let it go. I was you- I have ALWAYS been you. Being the only child of an INCREDIBLY generous mother taught me to expect that every holiday, every birthday, every anniversary should be celebrated with enormous fanfare and large numbers of gifts. But it has only been in the last couple of years that I have come to realize... it just doesn't matter anymore. This year I spent literally THOUSANDS of dollars on the boyfriend because I knew that it would make him happy. And I knew that I wouldn;t get the same (or anything close to it) in return... but what I know for sure is that he loves me. And from now on, that has to be enough. Just a thought...

Jameil said...

if he didn't know holidays & Christmas & birthdays were a big deal to you it might be a different story. but considering he knows you and doesn't have any problem spending the money, why does the same issue come up every year at the same time?

Adei von K said...

X- No side eye here. What you are saying makes sense. And although I do like fanfare and glitter and such, having that would be an added bonus. I've had very simple Christmases where I got colored bobby pins and an express tee and was VERY happy. I've spent goo-gobs of money so my kindergartners can have a good time on MY birthday. I can take or leave the grandeur, you know? I just wanted a token of appreciation. He wouldn't have to break the bank to make me happy. Bringing it back to "It's the thought that counts", I feel like he didn't think about us or me. It's my Love Language to give/receive gifts, you know?

BTW, where've you been!?!? Missed you girl!!


Jam- that's where I am. He KNOWS. Him not getting me anything was like, "where have you been the past 10 years?"

Rashan Jamal said...

I'm thinking that is pretty wack, whether he celebrates it or not, he knows you do. Is he gonna not give your kids gifts on Christmas too?

As far as the anny, if he makes it to next year, it seems like you need to make the plans for him, that way even if he doesn't give you a gift, you can at least go out to eat somewhere special.