BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Friday, November 06, 2009

Going, going

back, back to Ghana, Ghana



This time it's my Pops.



Yep, it's his turn to make the trip "home". But he won't lose his mind and be gone for a large part of the year; he has work to return to. Mom came back grumbling bout how she wished she had 2 more months. Ummm!!?!?? You STAYED TWO MONTHS LONGER THAN PLANNED!!!! Then she had the nerve to complain about work... well, when you come back to the States in October and school starts in August, I don't know what to tell you!



I don't think either one of my parents have been in the U.S. for a whole year in a looooooooong time... that's what happens when all your children are out the house. Actually, when Mini Me was still in highschool, Mom Dukes was out for a whole summer + some... WHATEVER!



All I know... when it come time from grandkids to make their presence known, SOMEONE BETTER BE HERE FOR THE 1ST YEAR!! Or at least the 1st 6 months! It's the Ghanian way :-)



When I was born, my maternal grandmother was here for 9 months. When StanKK was born, my maternal grandfather was here for 6months. Mini Me? 6 months with maternal grand again. The other adult in the house makes life easier for the new parent. No matter how many you have, another and somewhat outside source of help is a blessing. Imagine being a new mom; hubby is at work and all you have is the house and a newborn. TV gets old and how much can you clean? Unless you have a network of other new moms, you'll probably go crazy. Nope. Not the kid. Bring another being to cook or clean or run errands or provide conversation or drive (in case you got that good c-section) or watch the baby while you get some much needed sleep!



I'm looking on FB at the classmates who are new moms... we see the pics of baby and mommy smiling... I want to see the 3am feeding and baby hollering! and Mommy at her wits end! Of course we'll never see that!!



So while on the subject of grands... why did Mom say she'll take them to Ghana for their 1st year???









Oh Lord.











Can you imagine my children coming back saying, "We're half caste!" Well, they won't be talking that way at 1 year old but you get what I'm saying. Interracial anything isn't the norm over there. My cousin who is half Chilean, half Ghanian had an interesting time when he went, especially since he speaks Spanish. LOLOL!


Anyway, my dad is going to Ghana today. Pray for his safe travels!

3 returned the favor:

Rashan Jamal said...

do they ever go at the same time or is Ghana like the vacation from each other? LOL

I don't want nobody staying with me and my fam for an extended time, but I guess that isn't really up to me. I'd rather them come and go. be close, but not in my space stealing my baby from me.

Jameil said...

that would be awesome to have some company and help! my aunt louise is in the area indefinitely to help my cousin w/her new baby. she even has a place up there so they don't get tired of her in the house. i see plenty of sleep-deprived mommies on fb via statuses.

Adei von K said...

Rashan- it does seem like that doesn't it? The last time we all went together was Summer 2007. and as you may have heard, the children came back super early.
Yeah, I say I want the help now but I don't know what the deal will be down the road!

Jam- it would be awesome to have company depending on who the company is. I just thought at GG living with me for 6 months....

I 'ont even know if I can get down like that.