BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Why I Love Saturday

good things happen on the day of my birth :-)

(The pics are in reverse order.)

Mike and his brother, stuntin in red and black

Flat shoes need to stay home after 7pm.

So the WHOLE crew missed the memo? Really white shorts?! You look like you're going shopping on So.Be!! And yellow, where are you going with that GINORMOUS satchel!? I see it's Gu.cci but still...

Me and the host. I wish the person taking the picture got a body shot so you could see my shoes. They were RED HAUTE!

The missed memo crew plus their GROWN homie with her thigh out!

The yellow really killed me. At least the Harvey Legger and turquoise dresses were evening appropro. and look at Kenny looking like Knee-Yo!!

The woman dancing with my brother shot me a look when I wanted to take a picture of just him. so I let her keep dancing with him.

Rooftop pics. The white is blinding.

Rev. "Till Def do us Part" Easley in the pink and black. I don't think men of the cloth had pinstripe cloth in mind.

FAMU Alums about to jump the broom.

Now for some reason, this white tux wedding was MUCH better than the one I went to in April. I guess M. Stewart Weddings (magazine) was right, people remember the reception and entertainment more than the actual wedding. This reception was done well. No caterers were walking around with raggedy t-shirts, handing out bottles of water; I didn't have to throw my own plate away, CHEFS and their staff were on hand for every whim (more champagne, please!), there was an actual cocktail hour followed by a sit down dinner... yeah. I wanted to ride but it was nice. My only qualm was the fake bouquets and bouts. But guess what? That was one cost they didn't have to worry about. And at the end of the day, they are married! Isn't that the goal? This wedding made me think about a lot of things I want and if they are really necessary.

3 returned the favor:

Jameil said...

glad you got something good out of the wedding you dragged your feet abt getting to! still can't stand white tuxes. but i think you should have them at your wedding. mad at the whole crew ignoring the dress code. hot mess.

Southerner in Suomi said...

What do you have against flats? I can't be hoisting myself much higher.

Adei von K said...

Jam- yeah. I did. and I can't believe it was Brian's wedding I got something out of... LOL
If you get white tuxes at your wedding, I will pay for it. (don't hold me to that unless I win the lottery by then)

VDizz- I have nothing against flats, they just come off casual and if you're going out at night, I don't think casual is the way to go. When i think flats, I think "teacher" or "shopping at the mall"
What do you mean you can't go higher? How tall are you? and what does that have to do with anything!?!? Naomi Campbell wears GANGSTA wedges!