BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Saturday, May 30, 2009

Mango Hunting

I laughed when she text me that.


"Can we go mango hunting after work?"

Mango WHAT???? 

I stopped by Kitty's place and she was ready for me with a 10ft pole made longer by duct taping a hanger to the end of it.

"Where is that going to go?"
"All you have to do is put your seat down and we're ready!"
"So you are so serious about this 'mango hunting'?"
"HELL YEAH!"

We head east.  Listening to Yacht Club, we change the words

"Its a paaaarty goin on! All the mangoes welcome!"  

Right before Flagler Dr, we stop at  a nearby business and park the Tima.  Pop the trunk to get the weapon and and we're off.  Hitting up the empty lots with mango trees in them.  Damn it, why didn't we wear sneakers?  Walking thru lots is NOT the beat in flip flops.  Whatever the case, Kitty uses her apparatus to hook a nice looking piece and I play catcher as the mango comes hurtling down.  The first one her her in the breasticle.  The second one tore my foot up.  The third one?  My wrist will be okay.  Oh but wait, we're over here on Dixie Hwy and the neighborhood isn't the best for two chicks to be walking in.  Some dudes parked under the bridge are whistling and cat calling.  We know what nationality they are so we DEFINITELY keep it moving.

Meh. all the really good ones are too high for us. Even with a 13 foot hooked pole.  We take our measly gains and walk back and talk crop eating microorganisms and antibiotics.  Next lot.

Now, we're in the Old Northwood Area.  Kitty used to live here so she knows where ALL the good trees are.  I park and pop the trunk.  Kitty, looking like a for real Masai Warrior, heads over to the lot owned by Soth.eby's

*sigh* 

these better be some good mangoes.

She hooks, I miss.  She hooks again, I catch!!! I caught the mango rocket!!!  I really don't think i should've been as excited as I was but freak it, make your fun where you can!  Oh yeah, we're ona roll over here!!  Then the po-po coasts by...

"Ummmm, I have warrants."
"Shut up, Stace.  He's not even running your tag."
"Okay, maybe not warrants but I'm sure I have an unpaid ticket looming in my past.  Great, he's turning around"

He didn't turn around but he did park.  That was enough for us.  Our re-usable Publix bag now halfway full, we drive down 20th street.


JACK POT

We spot a tree with low lying, just turned the perfect shade of peach, mangoes.  Oh, but its on a commercial property with a barbed wire fence.  Damn you, MAC Fabs.  
I start reminiscing of my days when I used to wear all black and engage in stealth and covert actions... "we need to come back at night.  I will NOT hop a fence in broad daylight with turquoise and a bright orange scarf on." Mind you, Kitty is rocking the hell out of a pink tank-top, multi hued pink tam, and pink flip-flops.  Florida guls till the death.

So commercial prop is out... for the time being.  We coast down Dixie and scope properties on the road that have trees hanging over the sidewalk.  Technically, its a free for all.  Then we hit up GPark but the sky decides to open.  Tropical Storm Baqueena is here.

TBC

5 returned the favor:

DaniColoredGlasses said...

I would have said that mangoes aren't that serious, but Ms. Olive from church dropped some off today that made me want to slap someone sooo good! (sigh).....I hate you for Tropical Storm Baqueena btw.

Cluizel said...

ohmigoodness! lol...that sounds hilarious!

Jameil said...

Lolol. MESS! I wish I was there photographing!

the joy said...

So.. Mangoes in exchange for lasagna? Let's work this out.

Rashan Jamal said...

You can just take peoples mangos in Florida? Forget the farmers market!!!