BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Thursday, May 14, 2009

I have to update you all on something.


You know how I just KNEW I was getting out of here; moving back to tally with my homie Kitty and attending grad school??  yeah, well the assistant dean called me on my cell phone and let me know that there will not be a fall 2009 class.  Why?  

Only TWO people applied!!!  ONLY 2 PEOPLE APPLIED to get a Master's in Elem Ed!!!  

*sigh*

The dept needs at least 10 students so it's not even close.


I canNOT spend another year here.

*

Aside from that info, I was actually more hurt at telling Kitty I won't be back.  But, I do know EVERYTHING happens for a reason so I am actually, taking it well.  I see it as I am not meant to be in Tally this fall.  Dean Newell said she'll hold onto my app and put me down for Spring 2010 in hopes that more people will apply.  We shall see.

In the mean time, I told Drew I think we're getting too comfortable.  he felt the need to let me know that he feels taken for granted and I let him know, "well, we've been doing the EXACT same thing for over 2 years so I don't know what you want me to say.  You're right, I do think, 'Drew will be there'...*shoulder shrug*  what do want to do about it?  We can't do this forever"

He wants me to move down there this summer.  I asked if Broward county schools is hiring.  They aren't.  I guess I won't be in the 'wood then, now will I?

What's next in my life?  We can't do the same thing 2 years in a row!?  Come on change!!


2 returned the favor:

Jameil said...

make change happen. pop off! remember i just KNEW i was going to berkeley? mm hmm. God fixed that right on up for me.

DaniColoredGlasses said...

Different circumstances....same feeling...."Things have to change".....Jam's right....we have to 'make change happen' Have you checked out private schools in S. Fla?