BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Sunday, May 17, 2009

the Art of Hosting

anything related to the social graces can be an art form.  dining, plating (JOY!), drinking, eating, writing, fashion, etc.


there are some people who take the aformentioned and more and MASTER them.  then there are some people who make you suffer through their bludegeoning of something that should be effortless.

I guess it's only effortless if you have it like that.


"you know who be worried about the wrong thing?"

that's what my brother asks when you're dwelling on the small, insignificant things.  its a, at times rude, wake-up call to what's really good!  we have to ask our mom that sometimes...

Today after church, the graduates had a reception in our parrish hall.  all the prep work and present work that went into it made me not want to ever throw a shindig.  my mom was scowling, cutting her eyes, fussing, worrying, NOT HAVING FUN with it!!!

but then i remembered how fun and effortless Jam and I made my brunch!  Honestly, I haven't had that much fun cooking, reading recipes, mixing, and juicing since the days of Tally when Kitty and I would scour my neighborhood for timberwood and have impromptu barbeques!  and then invite hella people over for no reason except that we cooked!!

The weird thing is that she knows how to be a nice hostess.  She would offer you her whole fridge, find whatever you want and prepare it in a way you never thought of... maybe its being on the inside looking in... maybe i saw the non gracious hostess side of her...  I think Drew got a 2 second flash of her in me right before the brunch guests started arriving... but that's cause he was being touchy-feely Drew when things needed to be done!!


Any hoo, have fun with whatever you do!  and don't "be worry[ing] about the wrong things"!

1 returned the favor:

Jameil said...

we had a blast! wheeeee!