BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Sunday, March 08, 2009

Numbers

I usually put 10% of my paycheck in my savings account and literally go thru 89% of it in 2 weeks. So not healthy seeing how I have nothing to show for the hundreds of dollars I spend in a month. My jewelry was given to me and the last time I bought myself a pair of shoes was 9/2008... from Ross.
I will admit, I bought this brown bag.

Wait, there was that "sale" at GBCB...

Okay, so I have a gray dress and a brown bag.

Anyway, I decided to put 40% of my check away and play with what is left. I'm already in love with how the savings side looks and I'm okay with the checking side looking smaller than usual. I've written out tithing checks to place in the collection plate here at home and to mail off to St. Mike's in Tally. I didn't have my checkbook or cash with me when I went to St. John's in Hollywood :-(
No more broke Sundays!


*


On another numerical note, Dani and I decided to go to the sure to be entertaining bridal shower of her. Thinking about her upcoming marriage made me think of mine. Oh, I didn't tell you? I had a talk with Drew and marriage is in the future. the "not right now but soon" future. Whatever that means, I was thinking about who would be my 'maids.


8


I so didn't want to be that person with a harem, that person that Dani and I make fun of, that person who is usually in a sorority and picks her front, back, ace, tail, teen and double digit, neo and prophyte number,

THAT CHICK WHO HAS EVERYONE IN HER WEDDING PARTY!!!

I was sold on 6 till today. Then I realized, there is someone I JUST CAN'T LEAVE OUT!

and....... while we're still on the topic of weddings, I found out kindergarten homie of mine got married. Then this info came out,

"he's had a crush on you for the past 20 years"

*blink blink*


*


My 27th birthday is in 2 months.

What am I going to do?!

Go to Disnee???

I think so :-)

5 returned the favor:

Jameil said...

yeah for saving more! i should've done that while i lived in pittsburgh. i like odd numbers for bridesmaids for some reason so i'm thinking 5. i want to know who you're thinking of. you know i'm nosy. the one who got married had a crush on you? i will TOTALLY go to Disney with you!!! i love that place... maybe i shouldn't have invited myself. lol!

Southerner in Suomi said...

I have an online savings account where it's automatically taken out, which is my savior cause I ain't good with money.

DaniColoredGlasses said...

OOOO Disney is a great bday place. Seriously! go for it...and I'm with Jam I'd like some details pls.

GreatWhyte said...

You tithe at TWO churches? You are soooo getting into the gate :)

Adei von K said...

Jam- I gotta pick one aspect of financial responsibility that I can wreck shop on and savings is it! Stocks? IRAs? 403(b)? they're there but shaky. Yes, the dude has had on crush on me since KINDERGARTEN!

VDizz- my saving is connected to my checking which has direct deposit so every two weeks, it gets sucked right on out!

Dani- I've been trying to go to Disney forever! and its free on your birthday?! and my b-day is on a Friday!??!!?!?!?

X- Girl, I send half to each church!! put it together and what have you got!? LOL