BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Saturday, March 07, 2009

I just got back from the palm beach county event of the year.

everybody was there.

Gaines, Williams, Koteis, Cunninghams
Ryles, Rich, Issacs, Hills

people even came down from virginia for this event.

city officials, greeks, Links, chamber of commerce, who's who in business, education, law...





It was a funeral for JPH.

*

Ms. Jackie attended Hampton Institute. Lived in Virgina-Cleveland Hall right beside my beloved Kennedy Hall. Gamma I Delta married a Gamma I Alpha. She told my parents about a little school 3 hours south of D.C. when they were looking for a place to send me.


Ms. Jackie was the first black to own a shoppe in the Palm Beach International Airport; this was back in 1988. The first flight took off in 1936.


My godfather and Ms. Jackie's husband were the first black law firm in West Palm Beach.


fabulous Godmother to my fabulous godsister, pillar of her church, model citizen of her community, friend to ALL...

I can't stress ALL enough


even though she was fighting breast cancer, you wouldn't know it. smiles all around, eveyday, for everyone. on her last day, she cooked for her visitors just to make sure they felt at home. Then she got in her bed and closed her eyes.


She wouldn't want us to be sad. Matter of fact, she was probably looking down and thinking, "Now why are they crying? If they don't stop that foolishness...!"


She leaves behind an adoring and extended family and footsteps to walk in. All I have to do is think, "WWJD?"

2 returned the favor:

Jameil said...

another pirate and VC cutie has joined God. RIP Miss Jackie.

the joy said...

God rest her soul. It really is always the good ones that go.