BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, February 02, 2009

the weekend wrap-up

so Friday took forever to get here but it finally did!! I stayed at work much longer than planned b/c it was our principal's birthday and we had to go to the media center to sing to her and eat cake. I'm a fan of publix cake, but not when I want to get out of here with the quickness!! I knew I was taking a reverse half day (come in at 1130am) on Monday so I needed my plans done and on my desk before I went anywhere! Clearly, singing to someone I don't care for wasn't in my plans for Friday afternoon. Whatever the case, it was all done, made it home to shower and pack for the weekend. Dani called to tell me she and her boo are on their way to pick me up so we can ride to the s-telle and JL concert when mom dukes came out the woodwork with, "don't forget to do the bathroom. you didn't do it last week." yeah, giving TWO large dogs a bath kinda kills my bathtub cleaning mood, sorry. I told Dani abt that and she made my side split with a similar story abt her M.Dot.


"I know you're going to prom but can you sweep the front porch right quick?"

Really Moms? That's how we get down?


Anyway, we make it there listening to a mix of Raph (who didn't show up :-<), S-telle, and Johnny Boy. Meet up with the Drewski and go to our seats. John's backup singer opened the show. he sounds JUST.LIKE.JOHN. Come to find out, it's his brother. Cool.

S-Telle is next and she rocks it of course. Drew loves her now. Her Brit wit and language had him cracking up the whole time and he being the hypercritical engineer thinks her voice is awesome. We both noticed that her band was HORRIBLE. Drummer over played and you couldn't hear the guitar half the time. oh well,

her hour set was followed with a 20 minute break for JL's stuff to come out. Before you know it, this cinematographic masterpiece of JL as a boxer is coming from a big screen. So he's a fighter now? Black and white with a red pop of color here and there. He's throwing punches and jabbing left and right... then "HOLLA HOLLA HOLLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!" He comes swagging* down the aisle and hops on stage to "Maybe, its me. Maybe I bore you"...

I was geeked.

GEEKED!

Singing at the top of my lungs and whatnot; so excited! Johnny rocked for 2 hours. He played a bit of EV.REE.SONG he has!

EVERY SONG?!

every song.

My fave? Sh.e Don't Have to K.now. I have no idea what it is about that song but I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I think I annoyed the dude in front of me using my full singing voice in ALL its potential and glory.

"Ohhhhhhhhhhhh.hhhhhhhh! Stealing momen.ts just to beee with yooooou"...

*catches breath*

YES, JOHN! SANG, JOHN!!

This man was great. I have so much more love for him now! Now I see what all the white people were fawning about!

Oh you didn't know who his fan base is? Can I tell you who was MOBB DEEP at this concert?!

This guy Drew and I called J.Cru. Picture your stereotypical yuppie; probably pretends to be a vegetarian, drives a jetta but talks about getting a prius; blue eyes, collared shirt under a sweater vest, blond crew cut with the slightest frosting... sang right along with John the whole night.

THE WHOLE NIGHT.

every single word, ad libs, runs...

but then there was this guy who I called russian bad guy. he looked like an eastern european goon. weird buzz cut, crooked teeth, putin without the prestige. red track jacket (commie) having the TIME OF HIS LIFE! Oh my gosh, I was throughly amused between the two. But then there was a middle aged well dressed woman who pulled out her lighter and was rocking back and forth, the old couple who looked like they were going to the opera, the vast array of white people from all walks of life who were in that piece, singing along to whatever JL threw at them!! It was great.

That was Friday.

Saturday, your girl was bummed out the whole day. I felt so unfab and didn't want to do anything but wallow in self-pity. I passed on the tube dress and wore tight blue jeans, brown calf-high boots and my quilted express jacket to match. I still looked good even though I felt like ish. Drew and crew played and I sat there with the, "Don't approach me" face the whole night. Luckily, fashion tv was on and I watched fashion shows and fabulous people sitting in the 1st row. It bummed me out a bit and then I got over it with aspirations to sit front row at a fashion show one day.


Sunday, I did lesson plans. We went to tarrget with plans of getting a juicer so i can make lemonade, a grater so i can make eggrolls, and rice cooker so drew can make rice, and some sponges so i can wash dishes. yeah, we got nothing. at hole foods, i got some crab meat and pink shrimp to make this dish i saw in tyler florence's cookbook... yeah, must get jumbo lump crab meat. apparently, if its not clearly labeled as such, you'll get a shredded mess of crab. my dish tasted good but looked a mess. and we're not going to talk about he garlic bread i attempted to make from scratch... i can't deal with bread stuff. i can toast bagels and that's it. and even then, i'll lose one bagel in the bag to burning. *face*

I barely watched the superbowl. slept on and off thru-out the whole thing. saw larry make the touchdown run with 56 secs left and thought cards had it. drew woke me up less than a minute later to tell me the steelers won. boooooooooooooooooooo!!! i am happy for the local boys (holmes, boldin, mcfadden, etc) who made it there :-)


and today is monday monday. TTYL


* so John comes out in black pants, black button down, cream tie and cream track jacket. with fingerless gloves. he has this new machisimo that I found hard to believe for much of the show. plus every 30 min, he took of a piece of clothing! really john? what happened to the piano geek we fell in love with? and did you really tuck your undershirt wifebeater in? what's with the buff body? I asked Dani if he bought some swag to go with his fingerless gloves... he is such a star now! calling chicks to come on stage and grind on them...!! REALLY, JOHN?! Whatever floats your boat. i still think you're gay

6 returned the favor:

Patti said...

I'm glad you enjoyed the concert. I've seen him twice and it always amazed me that I get to hear a little of everything he's put out.

Yes, his brother does sound eerily like him. I'm glad he's made it up to being the 1st act - rather than the person who sings during intermission - lol.

I had a different interpretation of the clothes removal - also a JL staple. Both times I saw him he was sweating like a nasty beast. Like touch the keyboard, immediately drip sweat. So maybe it is part of his new "i'm the sexy sh!t." Thats if he got that dripping sweat thing under control. ' Cause it was off. putting.

DaniColoredGlasses said...

All I'm saying is that concert had the most exact/tight/precise set list known to man. I blinked once and he was 8 songs in. Blinked twice we had switched albums. He really did do every song known to man. I'm sad that 'so high' isn't the encore song anymore. BUT the 'so high'/'i love u, luv'/prince's 'adore'medley was glorious....and can we once again just remember the 'computer love' drop? (sigh) it was a great show!

Rashan Jamal said...

I like Legend, not so much a fan of his new joint, but bet he would be good in concert. They are coming here next week. I should see how much tickets are.

Jameil said...

i LOVE his show!! i haven't heard it in years so obviously i'm overdue.

the joy said...

Inside info- my mom told me that she got a call at work from John's "people" asking if her company could ship his luggage. They couldn't. Maybe he'd just gone shopping? Lol but yeah his fit on the superbowl pre show was kinda off too. Why didn't you stay home Saturday?

Adei von K said...

Patti- twice!? I'd love to him next time he's around! I didn't notice profuse sweating so that's a good thing!

Dani- Computer Love. *sigh* that was a perfect cover for him!

Rashan- yeah, i didn't know anything from evolver but I was killing everything else! he's definitely a show guys and girls will like!

Jam- make it up to A for his show!

Joy- he's a fashionista now! hanging around kanye too much!
I didn't stay home cause i haven't heard drew's crew play in a while. also, i'm the unofficial band photo/video person and would've felt bad for not going