BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, January 13, 2009

gotta do this more often

just woke up from a 4 hour nap

I don't know if it was something I ate (agae tofu, miso soup, raw tuna)... no, it's cause I left the radio on louder than usual while I was asleep. I usually fall asleep to the radio; set the sleep for somewhere between 90-120 minutes depending on how tired I am. I think "sleep" is the coolest invention on a stereo/radio BTW.

You know what else it might be? I don't fall asleep to "hip-hop and rnb" stations. I find my quiet storm channel or even some 80s wonderbread; meatloaf, jefferson starship sappy stuff to fall asleep to.


let me tell you about my dream.

First, I was in my classroom, in my reading center, sitting on one of the seats I have for the kids, calling the radio station. It must have beena teacher work day cause the students weren't there. I was caller number 10 and I didn't know what I won. The DJ told me and I said, "what?!" He got a little attitude and we had to do the call over so he can record me being excited. I thought he was looking over my winning record and telling the program director I can't get the john legend estelle tix cause I just won something else. Turns out I won the DVD "The Xpress", the nidsey movie about the 1st black heisman trophy winner. I feigned excitement (rather well), "OMG, I LOVE that movie! and I am the biggest fan of this station!" and it turns out, they forgot I won tix to the concert last month.

Then I was running around Sleapy Brown's house. he has leopard print floor tile. But not real leopard print, more like paw prints you'd see on a bulletin board at a school whose mascot is the bulldog (like mine). Matter of fact, his floor was my 'Wow! Wall' background. I was running around trying to catch him and Issac hayes was there chilling on the couch with my friend Kitty. Sleapy didn't want to be caught so I just went and took a shower in another part of the house that was totally different. It was sterile white and bland as opposed to the paw print side that had wood carvings and masks and paintings like a mini Africa exhibit (like our house). Kitty explained that Sleapy lives two lives; one based on who he is and the other based on karma coming his way. I blame that little gem on "Chopped and Screwed" playing sometime during my nap. Thanks Looda.

Then I was on a swim team and we were on our way to a swim meet. Our transport wasn't a bus or van but a G Wagon with sand colored interior. our swimsuits were light turquoise and white, down to the caps and goggles. the driver was the grandfather of a boy I had a crush on when I was in kindergarten. I kept on asking him to turn up the radio and he'd hold his hand up like, "Uh-uh-uhhhh!" I think we were supposed to get in the zone or something. Turns out our g wagon was also a boat cause we were driving over the ocean. The bottom of the truck was a raft and someone had a pocketknife. it punctured the bottom but what it REALLY did was inflate a submarine under the car. We were driving over them as there were speed bumps placed really close together. I feel like 2Poc and Pookeisha Cole were on at time.

Next, I was at publix getting food for the team. They sold subs for $.89/pound, I had an 8lb sub and everyone was like, "whoa!" *eye roll in dream*. I thought about getting this pre-made ham wrap for $.59 but my sub was made to my specifications, with shredded carrots and something else. That part I blame on the waitress where I had lunch. she was giving someone the ingredient run-down and I overheard.

I guess the team won cause the last part of the dream I remember was being at the club, (Rok Bar) popping champagne with j. Jones. Its obvious what song was on.


Then I woke up.

How fab is that dream?! OMG!

4 returned the favor:

DaniColoredGlasses said...

i feel like your dream is going to find a way to punk my dreams...my mind is on overdrive right now trying to keep up with everything that went into yours!

Jameil said...

too much. lol. you have fun w/jim jones. yuck! meatloaf, jefferson starship? you are so odd.

Rashan Jamal said...

That dream might have been cool minus the Jim Jones stuff.

Sounds crazy like my dreams.

Toni "Turtle Dove" Phoenix said...

I love dreams... even when they're weird